i have an e for signal sttengh

kdharlow

I'm at Camp Atterbury, Edinburgh, IN.

My signal goes from weak 4g to e simple.  Mostly e simple.

any way make phone search for other towers???

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: i have an e for signal sttengh

Hey kdharlow!  I'm sorry to read that you're having signal trouble - I'm not sure if you're in training or if you work at Camp Atterbury, but either way I'd guess that odds are you've got folks who aren't there with you who you want to be able to call. 
        I took a look at the Coverage Map and it looks like our signal in that area is "Fair" - we'd expect you to have service outdoors and occasionally indoors.  This could vary pretty widely depending on the type of device that you're using, though, as it seems we don't have every network band deployed in that area.  What type of phone do you have?  Are you seeing the "E" all over base, or primarily indoors or in certain areas?  Do you notice any improvement if you restart your device? 

- Marissa

• kdharlow

Hello,

Monday morning, 6:03 am at Camp Atterbury, Edinburgh, IN 46124.

Using my Brand New 1 week old Samsung SM-G935T Galaxy S7 Edge and I have A 'E' for signal.

Kevin

* edited personal info - Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Thanks, Kevin! 
                Are you currently indoors or outdoors?

- Marissa

• kdharlow

Both, inside is a military tent, heavy canvass. But outside is same signal

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

• tmo_marissa

Gotcha, thank you!  Looking at the map, and knowing the type of phone you're using, this is not the signal strength we'd expect in that area, so I'm glad you reached out.  If you restart your phone, does the signal improve, or is it still an "E" when you power it back on?

- Marissa

• kdharlow

Doesn't matter what I try, always E.

• tmo_marissa

Darn it!  In that case, although I know this is probably not easy if you are in training, we'd actually need you to Contact Us so that we can try to reset your network connection on the back end - if that's not effective, we'll want to file a Service Inquiry so that our engineering team can take a look at what's happening.  What I see on the map indicates that although you may not have the best signal indoors, outdoors - at least in some areas - you should be getting 4G.  There may be an issue with the local tower serving that area, and the only way to get to the bottom of it is to have it reported and reviewed!

- Marissa

• kdharlow

You left conversation kind of abruptly yesterday, are you going to try and fix signal strength today?

• tmo_marissa

Hey kdharlow - I'm sorry if that was the impression I gave, it wasn't intentional.  It's a bummer that this is happening - you're using equipment that should be compatible with the network in that area, and definitely not receiving the signal we'd expect.  We don't currently have any outages reported, so we'll need you to Contact Us and work with a team who can do a little more troubleshooting that requires account access (to try to reset your network connection on the back end) and file a Service Inquiry if necessary.  Thank you!

- Marissa

• magenta4135398

I also have the same problem as Kdharlow. I work at 950 West 450 South, Columbus Indiana (Faurecia CTC Building 3-4 ) which according to your map has excellent service. Except, just like the man above, the minute I drive from my home in Greenwood IN (at 4G strength) , once I pass Franklin/Edinburgh, I watch my bars drop until it blips into E but full bars for phone calls. My husband works at 1900 McKinley Avenue and has the same E signal problem but at least his work has accessible wifi . Yes, I have shutoff my phone, reset, the whole works. My phone obviously can accept service as I have no problems in Greenwood, Indianapolis

• tmo_marissa

Howdy, magenta4135398! I replied to your post, but I wanted to C&P that response here for anyone who might drop by this older thread!

I took a look at the internal map for the area where your office is located, and it looks like the strongest LTE signal in that area is going to be via Band 12 (700 MHz), which our tech specs say a T-Mobile branded Note 4 should be able to utilize! I will say that it doesn't look like we'd expect coverage inside of a large building in this area, but definitely if you're on Edge while hanging out in your workplace's parking lot, that's not something I would expect based on what I see here.
                                                Sometimes small tower issues or environmental impacts (the point of an antennae, heavy forestation, hills/valleys, etc) can impact service in pocket locations that are at a smaller "zoom" (for lack of a better term) than our map can cover. Or it may be that there's actually something going on here that we need to have reported. Either way, the best bet to get to the bottom of this is going to be to reach out to our Tech team and have a trouble ticket filed for the lack of service in that area. I'm not showing any recent complaints or current outages right now; so we could definitely use the insight!
                                                You can Contact Us and work with our Tech team to report the lack of LTE connectivity at your work address (worth noting, our system will default to your home address, so please make sure to mention where you're having trouble). It sounds like you've already done a good bit of troubleshooting -- nice work! There might be a few things that we'll still need to walk through, but once we get the ticket filed it will be sent to our Engineering team for review and ideally we can get you some answers here -- or improve the situation!

• magenta3128589

3G (UMTS/HSPA)

• Frequencies: Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz)
                              • Voice and data services can work at the same time.