j.bridges.wi@gmail.com

I joined T-Mobile from Sprint a month ago and feeling nothing but frustration. When we joined we were told we qualified for the Switcher17 promotion ($150.00 per line visa card). Great! but now I see on the website all of the rebates are being denied saying a rebate has already been received. The only thing I can think of is that we used less than 2GB of data so we got a $10 kickback for 3 of the lines. So now $10 credit = no $150 rebate? I tried calling the rebate department but it's impossible to speak with a human being. You just get endless automated messages. If you try and push zero for a representative the system says you've entered an invalid option and hangs up on you. Very frustrated. We just received our second bill and it's $170.00 instead of $160.00. Why? Agent said it's due to billing changeover. (but I still have to pay it). $10.00 isn't a lot of it's still wrong. I'm being charged extra without explanation. While T-Mobile let's you speak to an agent, they aren't of any help and basically just read to you the information off the website. Anyone have a suggestion?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hey there!   Thanks so much for joining T-Mobile, I hate to read that your first experience after switching is such a frustrating one!  I took a look at the internal information for the 17Switcher promo (the 2017 Tax Time Switcher Offer) and I don't see anywhere that KickBack should negatively impact your eligibility for this Mail-In Rebate.  It does look like the promotion can't be combined with Carrier Freedom - did you participate in that program by any chance?

While there are other eligibility requirements, you received such a specific denial message that going into those would be assuming that the message was an error.  Ultimately, we want to have this reviewed for you so that we can get to the bottom of what's happening.

In this public user forum, we don't have access to individual account details to resolve this issue or your billing concern (am I reading correctly that perhaps that's related to a proration from a plan change?), but we definitely want to figure out what happened here.  To speak with the Promotions team, you'd want to call their line during their business hours (M - F, 8 AM - 8 PM EST), and then press 3 for a submission that couldn't be processed, and then 1 to speak with a representative if your submission was denied in error.  Regarding the bill issue, our Care team or T-Force team do have  methods to securely verify your account and review the statement with you to make sure that everything's accurate.  We don't want you paying more than you should any more than we want you excluded from a rebate for no reason!

- Marissa

• j.bridges.wi@gmail.com

Thanks so much for the response! I really appreciate it. I'll give the rebate department a call today.

• tmo_marissa

Hey, not a problem - thanks for posting here!  I hope you're able to get some answers.  One more thing I thought of after talking with a colleague this morning - is it possible that you applied more than once?  If your line had more than one promotion entry, you may only see the "denial" but there might actually already be an approved entry!  I'm crossing my fingers that this is the case.  Please keep us posted on how your call goes!

- Marissa

• j.bridges.wi@gmail.com

Hi Marissa,

Just to give an update of this.

Turns out that since I had multiple lines they grouped the rebates onto a single card then closed out the other three rebate requests as "duplicates". I have been sent one card (versus four) for the full amount so it was more of a misunderstanding (maybe T-Mobile should have another status like "combined" or "refer to rebate #123" instead of "Denied".

Once you gave me the information on how to navigate the phone system it was simple to get through.

I'm back to being a happy and satisfied T-Mobile customer.