adrandel

I've had a cellspot at my house for months with no issues. Starting 2 days ago, I have not been able to make calls at my house. I've restarted the modem, router, and cell spot.  All lights are on solid green. GPS is in the window. Nothing has changed. 

I have full LTE signal. Dial number. Then drops to 4G, then just full signal. Then drops the call and returns back to LTE.

I've got a Note 5 transferred from AT&T. Nothing changed in the past couple of days.

Cannot call tmobile for support...

All replies

• snn_555

Re: Unable to Make Calls

Did this start with the transferred Note 5 from ATT?  That phone does not have T-Mobile wifi calling in it.

• adrandel

Nope. Switched to tmobile last summer from AT&T. Kept our phones. Been working just fine until Friday.

I'm not trying to make a call over WiFi. Im using the cellspot to amplify my signal.

• snn_555

Is the phone maintaining a connection to the network extender?

• adrandel

Yes. But it goes from LTE to 4G to regular signal when I dial the call. Which causes the call to drop. I've reset the router again and it's now not going to LTE or 4G. Only to a regular  (for lack of a better term) signal. It's working now.

Is LTE and 4G a data only thing?  Is there a way to turn it off?

• snn_555

You might try turning off VoLTE on the phone.  I have had previous experience with other extenders and the service drops to a non-data signal for the duration of a call.  Your phone may have the ability to change the network to 3G only.

• tmo_marissa

Yikes adrandel!  I can't imagine why the CellSpot suddenly conked out on you, but I can see how it would be rough for you to reach out and troubleshoot if you relied on it to get coverage in your home.  Is this still happening?  I'm wondering if there was a temporary outage in your area, or if perhaps the CellSpot is defective.  How are things going for you now?

- Marissa