takstar99

I was wondering if I could switch back to the $30 prepaid plan if switch to another prepaid plan like the pay-as-go plan?  I heard you couldn't switch back and had to start all over again with another sim kit from Walmart.  Any help would be great thanks!!!

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Welcome takstar99!  Thanks for asking - I'm glad you checked before making changes!  Since the $30 Pay In Advance plan is an exclusive plan for devices purchased from Walmart, when you switch to a different plan, you're not able to simply switch back.  You would be able to move from Pay As You Go to a different one of our Pay In Advance plans, but if you wanted the $30 plan again you would need to purchase a new device kit from Walmart - which would start you with a new number as well.  The discounted rate is definitely awesome, but if you find yourself needing less, then it's important to be aware of this limitation prior to making changes!  The best thing I can recommend is to try to do a cost estimate to determine if overall you'll save more by retaining this plan even on months where you don't need as much in the way of minutes/messages/data, or by moving back and forth between plans and purchasing new kits.  Thanks again for posting - please let me know if you have any more questions!

- Marissa