Can you take pictures with the phone off?

banyan

I'm going on a cruise and want to use the phone as a camera without incurring any fees on the cruise ship. Will the camera operate when the phone is off?

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: Can you take pictures with the phone off?

Great question! I assume you are asking if your service is off, and in which case, yes, the camera will still operate even without signal!

-Lauren

• banyan

Re: Can you take pictures with the phone off?

Im going on a cruise and they told me to turn my phone off when the ship leaves port or I will incur charges but I want to use my camera. I heard if I put it in airplane mode I will still get charged.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email is protected by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521 of 1986, as amended, and is legally privileged. This message and any associated files is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret.  If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message, or files associated with this message, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

SECURITY NOTICE:  Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  Therefore, we do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions that are present in the message, or any attachment, that have arisen as a result of e-mail transmission.  If verification is required, please request a hard-copy version.

CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE. Pursuant to recently-enacted U.S. Treasury Department Regulations, we are now required to advise you that, unless otherwise expressly indicated, any federal tax advice contained in this communication, including attachments and enclosures, is not intended or written to be used, and may not be used, for the purpose of avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any tax-related matters addressed herein.