knopper

I let my phone charge to 100% and let it idle while i sleep but why when I wake up is my battery % so low? Isnt doze mode supposed to kick in when im not using it? I woke up around 10 A.M.

Screenshot_20170302-105011.pngScreenshot_20170302-105036.png

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Battery Drain-Galaxy S6 Edge Plus

That is quite a bit of battery drain overnight for not using the phone at all. It is weird that your screen is showing that much usage though. Do you know if your screen was coming on throughout the night?

• knopper

I did have a few notifications overnight that would have caused the screen

to turn on.

• tmo_chris

Hmmm, okay. That is still quite a bit of usage for not even touching the phone. Give this a try on your phone and test it out again tonight. Let me know what you see in the morning as far as battery usage goes.

• knopper

Cant say its much better.

Screenshot_20170303-113957.pngScreenshot_20170303-114002.png

• tmo_chris

Thanks for testing this out! It seems like Android OS is using the majority of the battery but it is hard to say what specifically within the Android OS that is using so much as there is quite a bit lumped into that category. Some of the major culprits are location based services like Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Waze, and a bunch of other things. Those applications use the devices GPS to locate you and the battery drain is reported as "Android OS" rather than from the specific app as the app is only receiving the information that the Android OS is doing all the work for.

You can manage which apps are allowed to use your devices location within the app settings on the phone if you go to settings > applications > App manager > then tap on an app. When you are in the app you can select manage permissions and either enable or disable the location services for that app. Doing this with apps that you do not regularly use will greatly improve your battery life and if you do need to turn it back on, the individual app should alert you the next time you try to use it.