maciejkoziol

Any advice?

Heard battery is worse on 7.0

All replies

• theartiszan

If anything,  it has gotten better for me. I can now get a solid day and a half from it with the same usage that i was before and barely got a day with. I like it a lot.

• gymswim

BEWARE FELLOW GALAXY 7 EDGE USERS.  DON'T UPDATE TO NOUGAT. IT'S A DISASTER.  STAY WITH MARSHMALLOW.  YOU WILL HATE YOUR SAMSUNG PHONE

IF YOU UPDATE, YOU CAN'T GO BACK. 

SAMSUNG OPERATING SYSTEM 7 HAS TAKEN  SAMSUNG FROM BRING THE ANDROID LEADER TO THE WORST IN USABILITY. 

AMONG THE THINGS YOU WILL LOSE BY UPDATING:

NO LONGER HAVE LEGIBLE FONTS AND COLOR  ON NOTAFICATIONS

NO LONGER RECEIVE VISUAL LED SIGNAL OF UNREAD TEXTS

NO LONGER KNOW WHAT WIFI YOU ARE CONNECTICUT TO

NO LONGER SEE COLOR NOTAFICATIONS OF APPS ON YOUR LOCK SCREEN

NO LONGER HAVE RELIABLE PREDICTIVE AUTO SPELL

NO LONGER HAVE FLASHLIGHT

NO LONGER HAVE SHORTCUTS TO YOUR MOST FREQUENTLY USED SETTINGS

• stevetjr

I have been on Nougat on my GS7e since the beta first came out and am not seeing everything you have listed. I still have my flashlight for instance just where it was in MM.  The predictive text was like starting over but it is getting better as it learns me again.  My LED notification still works just fine for SMS messages.

• gymswim

.  Thanks for your comments. .  Check out the Samsung community boards on the Samsung website#. It is on fire with irate Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge users who want  Marshmallow back until all the problems have been  resolved with Nougat.

Sounds as if you are not bothered by the the new gray on white screen menus.  Is that right? 

The reported issues seem to vary with some users.  For example, I have no trouble seeing all, my photos stored on my  SD card.  Others report they see big red xs through each photo and can't see the photo.

• stevetjr

No the grey on white doesn't' bother me and not sure about the menus but I do know the colors (or lack of) in the notification bar are dictated by Google that's why Samsung had to get permission for the Note 7 to change the battery icon color for the Note 7's that were post recall #1. 

I have been on this forum for many years and after each OS upgrade see that some users (regardless of OS/Device/Brand) have random issues like SD cards, battery life or the like. Now one would think that the Beta testers (me being one) would have possible more of a chance of issues since we were upgrading not from the version most would be upgrading from but rather upgrading from a previous version of Nougat that wasn't actually a complete version since there were some things like VR support/Themes that weren't ever in the Beta versions.

All I can say that even since the last version of the beta it has been pretty stable and issues I had with MM including a connection/radio issue that numerous had voiced here on the forum.  Yes I have a few new issues that aren't major but frankly I have been on Android since Cupcake and this has been my experience with all upgrades.  Lose a few things I like, gain a few new things along with solve a few issues and gain a few new ones.  This is the first evolution the GraceUX and the sunsetting of Touchwiz so will probably see some nice refinement of Grace when Oreo comes out. :-) 

Remember not all things you see are Samsung but rather requirements that Google requires. 

• maciejkoziol

Is there a way to get rid of the update notification in a status bar.

It is annoying.