Is anyone else getting a message that video calling is unavailable when attempting to use it with another Tmobile customer?

I tried to make a video call and was told that someone tried to call me with video and the message of video calling unavailable popped up and switched to a regular voice call. Any idea why this is happening or how to troubleshoot this?

15 replies

Userlevel 3

Welcome @lynn8‌!  I love T-Mobile Video Calling, and I know it seems weird when suddenly a call can't connect.  This could happen for a few reasons - first, not every T-Mobile device is capable of utilizing this feature at this time, so you'd want to be certain that the person you're calling is using supported equipment.  Second, video calling requires a stable LTE or Wi-Fi connection to work, so if the person you're reaching out to is currently on 4G or lower, the call may not connect.  Are you able to test this with someone who's on a confirmed supported device and connected to the same network type (either LTE or Wi-Fi) as you, to make sure there's nothing more serious going wrong here?

- Marissa

Hi,

Yes, I have tried it with other tmobile customers who I used to video call

with all of the time. One even has the same device with tmobile. It

recently became disabled for both me and a friend as of this new galaxy

update. I have been speaking with agents about this issue and they cannot

seem to troubleshoot it.

Userlevel 3

Eek! This isn't a known issue we've trended so far post-update, but would definitely be a huge bummer if it turned out to be caused by the update.
Which phone are you using?  Have you tried a Master Reset since the update?  I'm not sure if your troubleshooting over the phone got you that far, but it can definitely help clear out any funny business. 

- Marissa

Hi,

I an using a Samsung galaxy s7 and the other person has the same device on

tmobile's network also. I'm not sure if they did a reset, but with both

agents I spoke with they did something on their end and had me turn my

phone off and then await their return call to see if it was corrected.

Nothing changed though. The last agent never called back actually. A ticket

was opened with the first agent I spoke with about 2 weeks ago and I still

haven't received any further information from anyone.

Userlevel 2

My suggestion: Use Skype, Hangouts or Facetime instead & save yourself the headache.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Yikes! 2 weeks is more than enough time to have a ticket reviewed. have you gotten any updates on it @lynn8?

And now it has been even longer smh. No updates in about 3 weeks

unfortunately. A ticket was created but no one has reached back out to

check with me or to provide any further assistance since.

Userlevel 3

What a bummer @lynn8‌!  If we missed an appointment to return a call to you, then that's definitely a serious ball-drop, and we'd love for you to Community-2153 so that a team with account access can review the follow-up history on your account and ensure that feedback is provided.

If both of your TMO S7s are on LTE, no one has a conflicting feature and everything's up to date, then I really think that ticket is going to be your best bet to get to the bottom of this.  It sounds like we made a commitment to reach out to you, and I'm sorry that we missed that.  Since we don't have the ability to review these ticket types for you here, can you reach out to our team over the phone or through T-Force (Twitter or Facebook) so that we can look this up and give you a status update?  I don't want you wondering why this isn't working!

- Marissa

Hi, yes. I will give a call to get an update. Thank you!

Userlevel 3

Hey there!  I just wanted to check in and see if you'd had a chance to reach out for an update.  Were we able to identify the problem here? 

- Marissa

No I haven't not reached back out to anyone after the other 3 calls I made

and a chat conversation with someone. I gave up on the issue since it wasnt

getting solved or much attention. They were supposed to contact me back

since March 7th and still haven't so I'm jusy going to move on. Thank you

for checking.

Userlevel 3

Awww, what a bummer. 😥  Well I certainly hope that it is being worked on... I understand you put a lot of effort into getting the ticket filed and I'm disappointed that we promised a follow-up and didn't deliver.  Please let us know if anything changes!

- Marissa

Okay. Thank you.

Both myself and significant other have Samsung Galaxy S9 and TMobile...but recently notice one phone can make video call and second can not, Have checked all setting and second phone doesn’t even have VoLTE option to turn on/off?  Second phone also doesn’t have video icon on phone key pad screen screen. Any guess as to why? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Both myself and significant other have Samsung Galaxy S9 and TMobile...but recently notice one phone can make video call and second can not, Have checked all setting and second phone doesn’t even have VoLTE option to turn on/off?  Second phone also doesn’t have video icon on phone key pad screen screen. Any guess as to why? 

both devices purchased from TMO? and both are on the same updates etc?