Not displaying the Digits number being called; Voicemail greetings not working

jpatrickm

On iPhone 6 setup with multiple lines on one device:

When I receive a call to either the primary sim phone number or the test Digits number, the number being called (not caller ID) does not display anywhere. I only get an incoming call message on the phone screen. I've seen other discussions here where this started working for some people so not sure if it's an issue with just me. I've set the line name and icon according to the settings. There's no way for me know which line is receiving the call.

Second, I've set custom voicemail greetings for each line but when I call from a different phone, the voicemail greeting is the same on each line. However, the odd thing is that it doesn't happen all the time. I've tested it with several different friend's or office phones and some get the correct new voicemail greeting and some calls do not. It's random.

I've tried powering my phone off and on and also logging out and back in to the DIGITS app, but problems persist.

Thanks.

All replies

• tmo_evan

tmo_chris

jpatrickm

Some questions (and I tagged one of the forum admins to collect a little more information):

- Is your iPhone on the T-Mobile network or on a different carrier's network?

- Are you on WiFi or LTE generally when you're using the device?

- When you've been testing it have you been letting the calls "ring" through or have you been sending the calls to VM?

For the line information not showing:

- Are all the numbers that been calling you in your address book?

What's supposed to happen is that the line below the caller ID should be modified to show to what number (via line name) is being rung.

>For that issue it might be worth trying to log out and uninstall the application and re-install it.  It could be that something went wrong with the permissions, and if you're still seeing it after that, it would be good to know.

Thanks for helping to test DIGITS and providing us with the info so we can help solve these kinds of issues!

• jaco_b

> For the line information not showing:

> - Are all the numbers that been calling you in your address book?

> What's supposed to happen is that the line below the caller ID should be modified to show to what number (via line name) is being rung.

So, there are two (or three) flaws with this approach:

1. This does not work on the first call to the second line, because the contact modification is only made at the time of receiving the first call, and so is therefore not yet active.  On the second and subsequent calls it works.  Of course, it is really on this first call when it is super important to know what number is being called.

2. If the contact contains a company name, then the line name will never be displayed.  At least this is true for me on iOS 10.2.  If the contact has a first name, last name and company name (i.e. the place where the contact works), then only the first name, last name and company name are displayed on the screen when the phone rings.

3. From what I recall in previous testing, the modification creates a duplicate phone number in the contact, so it's not clear that the correct one will be displayed on subsequent calls.

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!