djsmissives

Does anyone know how I can upload photos from my LG B450 flip phone to my Windows 10 laptop? Bluetooth is not an option on the laptop side, and I have never set up an email account on the phone. I'm working with old technology here!!

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hey djsmissives, thanks for posting!  I took a quick look through the user manual for this phone and I don't see an intuitive way to easily share the files with your computer, so I think your best bet is going to be emailing them to yourself.  I know you mentioned that you never set email up on this device - can you try to do so now?  We've got some steps to set email up here - then you should be able to send the files you want to keep to yourself and download them when you open the email up in your web browser on the computer! 

- Marissa

• djsmissives

Thanks, Marissa . . . for the detailed advice. I had actually attempted

to set up my primary email account on the LG prior to receiving your

message, but couldn't get it to work. After your reply I followed the

steps you outlined to see if I could get better results with my gmail

account. Alas, the result was the same--all attempts to send anything

from the LG failed; neither were there any error messages to tell me

what was wrong. I'm giving up on the photo transfer idea, which was no

biggy to begin with. Best . . . dj

• tmo_marissa

Aaagh, bummer!  OK, let me ask one more question, which I probably should have asked to begin with - does the LG still have an active SIM?  If it doesn't have a data connection, you probably won't be able to complete the email set-up.  :/  If it does still have an active SIM, and the email is just being silly for some reason, what about sending the photos as MMS to a friend?  This sounds potentially *crazy* time consuming, but maybe another solution?  If it's not a huge deal, then that's fine - but I would hate for you to give up if there's still an alternate solution out there!

- Marissa

• djsmissives

I think you've put your finger on it, Marissa . . . 'cause I'm betting

my cheapo prepaid plan doesn't include data.    (My primary use of the

LG has always been text messaging with my son who is deaf. For that,

it's a Godsend.)

I tried launching the browser just now and got nowhere.    That seems to

confirm the no-data idea.

I had thought of sending photos via MMS to my son's smart phone, but

that's too much trouble all around,    since he's not so great with

email. Anyway, it's not like I have precious photos on my phone.    I

simply snapped a test photo after having lost my camera a week or so ago

thinking I'd give it a try.  

If I really wanted to go crazy I could connect the LG to my car radio

via Bluetooth, upload the photo, then download to a USB drive, which I

could then use to upload to my laptop!  

I don't think so,    but thanks again for your help      . . . dj

• tmo_marissa

I'm sorry this was such a hassle, DJ!  Thanks for testing everything - I'm glad there's nothing precious lost here.  Almost all of our plans offer some kind of included data for free at this point, and we don't do overages any more (if you use up all the high speed data that the plan offers, your speed is just reduced until your bill cycles), so unless you have a Pay-As-You-Go plan, you can probably reach out to us and have data enabled for this line for $0, if you're interested.  Ultimately though, thanks for hanging in there and staying engaged on this thread.  Please let us know if you have any other questions or need help with anything else!

- Marissa

• djsmissives

I am using pay-as-you-go, Marissa . . . and use talk so infrequently

(just emergencies, really) that the $3/mo. charge covers most of my

texting. Now that's operating on the cheap for sure! It seems to me that

at one point years ago I was able to logon to the Internet (I did that

by accident at the time), but never made use of that capability

otherwise. As I said, however, I found I can no longer get online now,

so I'm sure that settles the email question.

Your kind help has been a blessing and has been much appreciated. You've

saved my sanity even if we didn't find a way to save my "test photo"  

Take care . . . dj