SD card no longer recognized

ctubby

I just upgraded to Nougat and noticed that my SD card wasn't listed in storage. I performed the following to try to troubleshoot it:

Step 1: Force Reboot The Device

Step 2: Clear System Cache Partition

Step 3: Remove Your SD Card And Reinsert

Step 4: Make A Backup Of Your Files To Your Computer/Laptop Then Format SD card

External storage not visible in My Files (SD card not inserted) or storage settings

Step 5: Use Another SD Card Or Buy A New One

Bought a new SanDisk 64 GB Micro SD. My computer can see it ok. Used it to format the micro SD card. Reinserted it into the phone and it is still not visible.

Step 6: Factory Reset Your Device

SD card is still not visible.

Any other ideas?

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: SD card no longer recognized

Wow you've done a ton of work already ctubby. I'm really surprised after all this it's still giving you trouble. Which model Samsung do you have? Have you also tried using the phone in Safe mode to see if the same thing happens? After you reset the phone, did you test out the SD card first before you put all your data back on the phone?

• tmo_marissa

Re: SD card no longer recognized

Hey there!  I agree - you've done an impressive amount of troubleshooting solo.  Were you able to test out the additional suggestions Mike offered?  How is everything going?

- Marissa