Branched to a new discussion.
vanchan93

This whole trade in is SCAM!!!!!! I traded in my 6plus 64gb and 5s 32gb but I HAVE NOT receive any of my trade in value. I talked to  several representatives (at least 4) and they Were of no help. I even talked to a CEO John Legere myself, but that guy is big jerk himself. He told me flat out that I would not get any trade in value for my 6plus because of "find my iPhone" feature was active when no one told me or even mention that I was supposed to turn that feature off before returning device to begin with. As for my 5s, they could not track it down and unable to locate my phone when I used THEIR return label. I got $0 for both of my phones. Now I got basically nothing from that promo as they promised but over $1500 worth of phone debt. I been with T-Mobile since I first came to the US back in 2003 and ever in my life that I've been this frustrated with them. I don't expect to have free phones but please not getting screwed over like this where I walk away with nothing. This is RidiculouS. I've read several posts and I know I'm not the only victims of this scam. I hate seeing this end up as a lawsuit but looks like it's my only option now.

All replies

• snn_555

Re: iPhone 7trade in promo is a SCAM!!!!!

When I did my trade in, an instruction page that came with my new phone instructed me to remember to disable Find My iPhone.  I did however have an issue with the post office because they scanned the Assurant barcode instead of the tracking barcode, and I was never able to track the return.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • violetcraze

We had the same issue. T-mobile trade-in is a scam. We have a few phones all traded-in for the iphone 7. We received shipping labels, followed instructions and shipped them in. We were told the rebate will be applied after a couple cycles, until then we need to keep paying the installments. Months later, still no adjustment to our bill. We needed to call them multiple times every months to be put on hold or transferred or dealing with incompetent agents.

At first, they told us we placed the order passed the promotion period and therefore not elligible. Then, after providing them with the order number which clearly showed it within promo period, they told us we need the IMEI number from the back of the phone to track the phone, which of course we didn't have because we already sent the phones in! Apparently the tracking number THEY provided us was not enough for them to track the phone. We were not told at all by multiple agents PRIOR to shipping that we need to take down the IMEI number. Now the phone is gone - they took the phone and tell us there is no way to track the phone...

I can't believe this is happening with a big company like this. This is a scam and we are looking into taking legal action

• dogmeat26

I was ripped off too.

• eslanka1

Has anyone taken a legal action on this trade in scam? I don't know what to do. This whole trade in is SCAM!!!!!! I traded in 2 6plus and 2 5C  but I HAVE NOT receive any of my trade in value and I'm paying 30.00 a month for each of the new phones when I was told I would pay $10-$11. I talked to  several representatives maybe about 10 and about 4 supervisors in the past 6 months but no one can give me answers they keep scaling the research and nothing! I sent the phones by UPS with the label that was provided to us. I sent all 4 phones together back in November, 6 months later no credit for the trade in value and I keep paying full price for the new phones we received. This is a scam in so many levels. First I have been calling since November and I was told they received the phone but it should take 2 to 3 cycles to see the credit which it didn't happen. In April I got credit for one of the 5C since they had received it, but wait where are the other 3 if they were all sent in the same box. I called and said I should have received credit for 4 phones not 1, their answer was that they received only one and the supervisor I talked to insulted me and said only one was received and that I was not going to get credit for the other three. She asked me if I had my shipping label and I said no because I was told back in December that the phones were received and threw it away. She came back and told me that she found the tracking number in the system and the weight was 1 lbs and that 4 phones would weight more then that, she was practically calling me a liar. I told her I sent all of them together, and that I don't check the weight when I go drop things off at UPS. She said sorry we can't do anything about it. I was mad and felt restless that I couldn't do anything because I didn't look at the weight, it is hundreds of dollars lost and I'm paying full price for the new phones. I hang up call my husband crying and upset, then I remembered I had taken a picture of the tracking label, I looked and found it, guess what the weight on my receipt says 2.70 lbs. I logged in to UPS site entered the tracking number and in their system it also says 1 lbs, hmmm this is weird someone is even changing the weight in the system so it appears I only sent one! I called back, unfortunately you can never talk to the same person and at this time I wished I had that rude representative I wanted to see what she would say now that I found my receipt. Anyway I had to explain again to the new representative what had happen and again the only thing she could do is escalate the search! she did however give me credit for the difference of the monthly payment I was paying for all phones and was told to wait. Well I have been waiting and I just got an email yesterday and the email said that they have verified that my phones have not been returned. I called again and was told the the trade in period had passed so even if they found the phones I could not get a return. At this point I just want to laugh. However I will not give up. I'm about to contact the news media and will post this in Social Media, I can't imagine how many people they are ripping off.

• magenta1427385

It happened to me and co-worker too.

I trade in the phone 6S in June 2016, T-mobile did't give my any credit and start to charge the me full price for the iphone 7, the reason he ((Dan) told me is i didn't turn off  " find my phone". I clearly remember i reset the phone to factory setting and turn off the phone, He(dan) said they emailed me/ text me several times, which i did call back, but customer service keep telling me to ignore the message, nothing wrong with my account!!!!!!!!

Dan ( customer service) told me,  even thought i called back T-mobile, they were just going to educate me to carefully read the terms and conditions...

To my co-worker, T-mobile told her the package got lost.

I agree with eslanka1, we should start a lawsuit.

this is a commercial fraud

• scam_iphone7

I have exactly the case like eslanka1.

This whole trade in is SCAM!!!!!! I traded in 2x 6plus, 1x 6 and 2 x 5S  but I HAVE only received two phone 5 credit. I'm paying 27.00 a month for each of the new phones 7.  I talked to  several representatives maybe about 10 and 1 supervisors in the past 8 months but no one can give me answers they keep scaling the research and nothing! I sent the phones by UPS with the label for 1x 5s and 3x 6s that was provided to us. I sent all 4 phones together back in October, 7 months later no credit for the trade in value of fours phones and I keep paying full price for the new phones we received. This is a scam in so many levels. First I have been calling since November and I was told they received the phone but it should take 2 to 3 cycles to see the credit which it didn't happen. After serval calls, I got the 5 phones one time credits in the amount of $265 for iphone 6 and $58.00 for the iphone 5. In April I got  monthly credit $14.80 for one of the 5S. but wait where are the other 3 iphone 6  if they were all sent in the same box. I called today 6/2/17 again, and the answer was that they received only two iphone 5 and do not receive the iphone 6. I shipped 1x 5 and 3x 6 with the ups label tmobile provided. I have the return label copy and the package was received on 10/24/17 but just saw the label only print 1 lbs. How come t mobile will send a 1 lb labe for returning 4 phones. This is how the scam working!!!!!!

the supervisor  said only two iphone 5 were received and that I was not going to get credit for the other three iphone 6 trade in.

I'm not only paying full price for the new phones and also lost my s x iphone 6.

I had to explain again to the new representative what had happen and again the only thing she could do is escalate the search! she did however give me credit for the difference of the monthly payment I was paying for all phones and was told to wait. Well I have been waiting and I called today 6/28/2017 again and i was told that tmobile only received 2 x iphone5j.

At this point I just want to die. How come this scam will happen in such a big copany and aslo many victims like me. T-mobile should know what happened in the warehouse guy. They saw the label only 1 lbs then they took away the 3 iphone 6 to match the 1 lbs label. However I will not give up. I'm about to contact the news media and will post this in Social Media, I can't imagine how many people they are ripping off.

This whole trade in is SCAM!!!!!!

Tmobile is a scam company!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• tmo_marissa

Hey, all. I wish I had a great explanation for the reason this thread somehow slipped through the cracks without attention from our team; but all I can do is apologize. I don't know if you're all still stuck in the predicaments you've outlined here, and I certainly hope you're not. I know there are replies addressed to dogmeat26 on this thread and scam_iphone7 on this thread, and any and all are welcome to take a look at the responses there.

The Support Community is a public user forum, and as such, neither users (like the fantastic snn_555) nor Community Managers like myself or my colleagues are able to review individual accounts to research trade-in equipment, promotional credit issues, or even the basic billing concern. What we can do, and have been doing throughout this promotion, is track the issue and forward feedback regarding reports we're seeing of hiccups in the trade-in process or promotional credit application. This feedback helps us create a better trade-in process, but it's also a huge priority that each one of you are able to get your individual concerns addressed.

Although we can't review your accounts from this forum, we have an excellent online team you can reach out to via social media who can. Our T-Force crew can be reached through DM in Twitter or Facebook Message, and can securely verify your account information so we can review the details. I know that the situations mentioned here vary; and the resolutions may vary as well -- but it also seems that you're all reaching out for assistance and getting different answers. We'd love to get to the bottom of these issues for you once and for all. It's been some time since the thread was originally posted, and we apologize for the delay in a reply, but truly thank you for your time posting here and hope you'll give us the opportunity to research your concerns with a team who can access your accounts. Thank you again.

- Marissa