I am so mad at myself for jumping on the Android update. Normally I love the latest Android. But 7.0 Nougat on the S7 is too vanilla. Seems most if not all the TouchWiz has been removed. I don't mind change if the change is good and I can do the same or better. But a few things I noticed right away that are big issues with me.
1. No more left/right sliding top shortcut keys for the top 10. Only a static 5 and without text. Have to pull down the whole shade for all shortcuts with text. This also means that I can't see the Wifi SSID in the text like before.
2. No more quick access to the auto brightness toggle checkbox. Just the brightness slider. You then have to go into the drop down menu to access the auto toggle on/off. I often toggle the auto setting in complete darkness or when in theme parks for more battery control. Not daily, but pretty often.
3. Notifications are now bright white with black text and I can't seem to get it to follow my themes. I liked the darker notifications with larger text on 6.0.1. But the biggest issue is the coloring. Apps such as Waze would stick to the top of the notifications list and be a blue background. Easy to switch to running Waze. Now I have to rely on the recent apps view. Overall I find this notifications center to be harder to use and items run together more.
4. Phone app no longer has a separate tab at the top for Favorites. It has been moved to the top of the Contacts list. This works and is ok. But I prefer the larger button style of the Fav tab. And it seems there is 1 extra step to edit contacts.
5. Keyboards. Both my wife and I have noticed that we make more typos on the keyboard changes. Not sure how that is even possible. Maybe the spacing is different? Active areas different? Not sure. But seems the keyboard in all apps is affected.
6. Settings screen, is white and doesn't do well with some themes where the title text is white and the settings background will remain white, causing the title bar to be hard to read. Might be fixed later with more themes. But I have to basically use the default one to avoid this.
7. Default internet browser no longer has the X next to search terms so you can remove individual items from the list of recent searches.
and more, but those are the ones that jumped out instantly and have been really bugging me the last few days of using it. I do like the updated Camera app, so would be sad to see that go. But overall, the OS changes are driving me nuts. Mostly with the notification center.
So is there a way to easily revert to the previous 6.0.1?