naklinger

I'm in Mexico and I've had 'No Signal' anywhere for the past 2 days. I've shut the phone off, updated the iOS, the usual stuff. No dice. Is this a widespread problem or is it just me?

All replies

• tekno

Re: No coverage in Mexico for the past 2 days?

I can confirm that San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato , MEXICO  DOES HAVE signal.

The last few days however I have lost the connection and a reboot brought it back.

Manually select Telcel network as I have never had Movistar work for data

• tmo_mike_c

Hey naklinger are you currently in Mexico? If so and you're still having trouble, can you try a scanning for networks manually to see if you're able to fine one and connect?

• tmo_chris

Just wanted to check in here to see if you were still having trouble. Let us know

• tekno

It seems that 2 hotspots in 2 cities in Mexico both on T Mobile , one  in San Miguel de Allende and one in Puerto Vallarta now connect ONLY to Movistar at less than 2 Mbps 4G never at LTE.  Previously BOTH connected at more than 25Mbps , in fact the one in Vallarta has shown speeds up to 50 Mbps

Previously I was unable to connect to movistar and get data AT ALL, only calls. Now I can ONLY get Movistar and very poor speeds.

Previously both connected to the telcel network without issue. The one most distant from me does have the ability to scan and manually select a network , however I can noty do this remotely as I must first disconnect before scanning the network

The device here locally does not have the ability to manuallty scan and select a network but now shows movistar when both always showed telcel GSM before . It also seems that Movistar most often connects at "G" which I suppose is GSM and the hotspot requiores 3G or better.

If T mobile has recently changed roaming partners in mexico please advise