muyvago

I'm Unable to see available Wi-Fi networks on my S7 Edge after I upgraded to Android 7.  Touching the Wi-Fi icon or "Wi-Fi" in "Connections" in the Settings app, makes Settings Crash.  In order to view available Wi-Fi networks, I must Turn Off, Turn On the Wi-Fi.  Anyone else have this issue?

All replies

• snn_555

Re: Android 7 upgrade: wi-fi issue

A lot of folks have tried a factory reset without auto restoring any apps or settings and seem to have found that rectifies a lot of issues from the update.

• hallda

Re: Android 7 upgrade: wi-fi issue

I hate to admit or say this, but it seems that many of the major updates recommend/need a factory reset to function properly after they have been installed.

Biggest thing to remember is backup any data that you can before hand, and for caution remove the memory card (micro SD) if you have one, just to be safe.

• muyvago

I hate this option. Reset to factory settings, then reinstall everything and hope it wasn't in futility. (sigh.)  I'll be upgrading to the S8 when it comes out, assuming they don't explode.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey muyvago, you could try switching the phone to Safe mode first to see if the same thing happens. If it doesn't, that could mean there's a 3rd party app that's conflicting with the update and causing the issue. If that's the case, uninstalling apps would be an option instead of resetting the entire phone. With that being said, the factory reset would be the last resort to help fix this. Please let us know what you decide to do. Thanks.