mlb.tv

916-218-2578

So T-Mobile, how are things looking for mlb.tv subscriptions for 2017?  It is a HUGE factor in my continuing having T-Mobile as my service provider!

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: mlb.tv

Oh this is a great question. I don't know if we're offering the premium service like we did last year, but keep your eye on our Watch MLB | T-Mobile is A Proud Sponsor of Major League Baseball page for updates. Sidenote: I'm a huge Royals fan, so I'll be checking on this myself!

• 916-218-2578

Well, that sounds like great encouragement thus far -- but a little short of if being offered to me with my plan.  I guess I should contact customer service?  Or, is there another way for me to find out how to activate any codes, etc. that I would need to activate any mlb.tv benefits?  I may be wrong, but I think that spring training games are currently available anyways, but opening day is not far away!

• smplyunprdctble

MLB 16?

See the thread last year.  It was just after mid-March when the announcement was made.  My suspicions as to why is in that thread as well.

(Personally, I'm dreading Opening Day -- they built a new Braves Stadium, and it's right on my commute home now... no way around it... I might as well start enjoying sitting in traffic...)

• rs0212

i'd like to know tooo...last year they offered it two days after I subscribed via DirecTV. I'd like to avoid that this year.

• tmo_mike_c

You won't need to contact customer service, you can just keep an eye on that link instead. If anything does change, it'll show there. I believe you're right about spring training games. My team lost against the Cubs yesterday, but oh well. I know it's just spring training, but I'd still like the Royals to get in the habit of winning.

smplyunprdctble, are you not a Braves fan? Or is it just the longer commute that you're not so thrilled about?

• smplyunprdctble

Definitely a Braves fan.

I've just not been a fan of all these road closures due to construction (a couple weeks ago, it took me an HOUR on a Sunday evening to get from point A to point B because of all these road closures due to the construction).

And, come Opening Day next month, any time there's a game, my commute is going to be worse than it is.  I mean, who's idea is it to put a stadium at the intersection of two already busy interstates?  I work south of this location on 75 (well, downtown).  I live north of this location on 75.  There's literally no alternate routes for me.

newbravesloc.PNG

• rs0212

it's official... yes they will! Http://T-Mobile.com/MLB

• 916-218-2578

Outstanding news!!  Thanks for letting us know, rs0212 and the other commenters!  Oh, and thank you again T-Mobile!

• magenta1384732

I was watching the MLB network tonight and it ran an ad saying all t-mobile customers can watch MLB.tv free, stream all season long. After a frustrating hour hunting for a link and another hour  hold with customer service, I was told to call MLB...they ran the ad. We'll, that's called passing the buck! Wasted my entire night and was a giant withdrawal from my trust with t-mobile. Anyone else see the ad?

• tmo_mike_c

Wow that's a bummer.

I think we really should have handled this a lot better instead of telling you to call MLB. We did have an add run for this last month. You can check click here and read up on it. Basically, it was a promo run through our T-Mobile Tuesdays app. You'd open that app, and redeem the promo there. It's sad for me to say this, but the window to redeem this offer is closed. Sorry about that.

• smplyunprdctble

• magenta1563339

"Switch today and stream every slider, heater and walk-off dinger with T_Mobile ONE."

Following the "Check it out" button, there is no mention of mlb.

So, I switched.

Then I tried accessing mlb.tv.  My old MLB account hadn't changed, which makes sense, because T-Mobile never asked me for my MLB account name.  So how do I access my new MLB privileges?  I checked the T-Mobile and MLB websites and came up empty.  So I called T-Mobile customer service and was told MLB.tv service is only included for new customers who purchase a new phone as part of the deal.  (I had purchased a phone as part of the deal, but I selected a "Certified Pre-owned" one because Samsung keeps removing features I like with each new device version.)

This is not consistent with the clear message of the advertising* that led me to choose T-Mobile.  Classic bait-and-switch.  Profitable, no doubt, but neither honest nor legal.

I want the MLB.tv access that I'm paying for as part of my new T-Mobile One package.

Now would be fine.

Thank you,

*In the page below (screenshot May 23 2017), there is no mention of having to purchase a new phone or device.  Follow either of the two main links to pursue the deal and this won't change.  There is some fine print regarding throttling etc. that is not related to my current complaint.  If there is microscopic print then shame on you.

• tmo_mike_c

Aw, magenta1563339  that's just the worst feeling  like you've been baited to switch.

Just to make sure I'm on the same page, are you talking about getting the MLB.TV Premium service? If so, this offer was only available through out T-Mobile Tuesdays promo. You can read more about it on our News Room page, however this offer is no longer available.

• magenta1563339

I'm talking about the ad that was up yesterday, when I took that screen shot, and is still up today .  A similar if not identical ad influenced my decision to switch to T-Mobile.  You won't find any mention of Tuesdays there.  And if you follow any of the links, there's either no mention of mlb in the target page or it takes you back to the same page.  And that's the page I'm on.  If you can't get to "the same page" from the page you're on, please just say so and I'll switch to another carrier.

• barcodeable

Hello tmo_mike_c I understand fully that the MLB PREMIUM service was given out for a T-Mobile Tuesday Promotion. I was very fortunate to be among the subscribers to redeem this awesome promotion. I have to admit, this particular promotion was a bit confusing to many including myself. Because the promo was listed on the tmobile tuesday app as a promo for a future date. And it was there weeks prior to the actual start of the actual promotion. So when the mlb tv promo started, everyone thought it was still an advertisement and not the actual redeemable premium package.

magenta1563339  Is absolutely right about his claim. I did some digging and found the ad he is referring to. It does elude to the public that if you switch to the T-Mobile Plan you will be able to watch MLB.TV Premieum "Stream, Post and share every Play"

here is the link of the ad.

T-Mobile should remove the page or revise it that this promo deal is nolonger active. I have even seen this ad while watching my free MLB Baseball premium service. THIS AD IS VERY VERY MISLEADING.

With unlimited LTE data on T-Mobile ONE™, stay in the game with all the 2017 MLB action you want—on the most advanced LTE network. Switch today and stream every slider, heater, and walk-off dinger with T-Mobile ONE®.

Watch MLB | T-Mobile is A Proud Sponsor of Major League Baseball

• barcodeable

I think the ad mentioned is referencing to if you switch to the T-Mobile One Plan  you can stream without using up your data plan due to the Unlimited nature of "T-Mobile" unlimited Plan... but from a layman's perspective it actually reads differently as if you will get the MLB Premium service for switching today.

• tmo_mike_c

You know what. I see what you mean barcodeable . Thanks for chiming in.

magenta1563339 I can see how the wording seems to make the offer sound like you sign up for T-Mobile One, then, presto! You have MLB Premium  services perks. I'm working with my internal support teams to review that page and look at how we're presenting this to our customers. Thanks for telling us about this.

• barcodeable

Basically T-Mobile need to put a one liner at the bottom of the page stating that the MLB.TV Premium is not included with the T-Mobile Plan similar to when phone case manufacturers put in fineprint that "the phone is sold separately".

• magenta1563339

Phone-Not-Included-with-Case -- is a weak analogy at best.  It is an UNLIMITED data plan.  Why pick MLB streaming to promote it, instead of Netflix or Amazon or any of thousands of other content providers?  One can reasonably surmise that MLB was picked because there has been, on-again, off-again, a T-Mobile-One-Includes-MLB.tv offer and T-Mobile is profiting from anyone who was aware of that and then sees this misleading ad.  A better disclaimer would read

"T-Mobile is not currently offering MLB.tv subscription with T-Mobile plans.  Those heretofore mislead by this ad will be compensated."