david1210

Hello,

I've been a new T-mobile customer for about 3 weeks - unfortunately at home I get 1 bar and with that around 2-3 meg down and .75-1MB up.  Called support and basically was told its a distance issue and no known future plans would address my problem.  At work, I get 2 bars and moderately better speed.  While outdoors, speeds are great.

So I've given up troubleshooting the problem and plan to switch to a competitor...that leads me to two questions:

1) I brought my own devices and am not under a contract, are there any restrictions on how quickly I can port numbers away from T-Mobile that were ported in about 3 weeks ago?

2) I used the 17Switcher promotion and from what I can tell, there's no restriction except the account must be open and in good standing to receive the promotion - I assume if I port away and cancel service then I won't receive that promotion but if I keep my accounts open for the next 6-8 weeks I assume I can take advantage of the promotion and then port out and have Tmobile service cancelled?

Thanks for any input.

All replies