Solved

Why does "Device Block" keep getting added to my line?

• 23 February 2017
  • 6 replies

I have two lines on my plan. I was on Simple Choice until recently and just switched to T-Mobile One. Both of my lines have had unlimited data from the beginning.

I noticed a couple months back that I had a "service" on one of my lines called "Device Block." The description it provides is "Blocks all chargeable messages (e-mail, text, picture, and instant messages). Please note: If you select this service, you will no longer be able to send or receive any type of messages, even if you have a messaging bundle. This service may not block all e-mail, instant, or text messages." It's listed after my Data Pass, Plan, Data Service, etc...:

If I go to Change Services I am able to remove it and process the update. Once I log out of my account and log back in, the Device Block feature is selected again. This is only present on one of my two lines.

Is anyone able to provide some insight into this? The first time I noticed it was after I had signed up for the Digits Beta but it may have been there before that. I have since asked to be removed from Digits Beta but it's still there, so it could be unrelated. I still receive SMS and MMS but the fact that the service is selected there concerns me.

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 1 March 2017, 19:56

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4

That is super strange! If the service was active you would definitely be able to tell. If you Contact Us,‌ our care teams can take a look to make sure there are no other types of blocks on your account.

Hi, I have the exact same problem. Just noticed today that "Device Block" has been added to both of my lines (I have two), and every time I disable it, somehow it gets added back again. Not sure what this "device block" actually does since text seems to get through. I have Simple Choice plan.

Device Block shows up on all of my lines that I turned off the Multiple Devices setting for Digits since I don’t use it because I have all Apple devices. Maybe it is your Digits setting. I can send and receive all messages

Userlevel 4

@magenta2868576 and @magenta3594627

We will need to take a closer look at your accounts to see what this specific feature is and why it is being added automatically. Please contact us so our care teams can look into this with you.

Badge

I have two lines on my plan. I was on Simple Choice until recently and just switched to T-Mobile One. Both of my lines have had unlimited data from the beginning.

I noticed a couple months back that I had a "service" on one of my lines called "Device Block." The description it provides is "Blocks all chargeable messages (e-mail, text, picture, and instant messages). Please note: If you select this service, you will no longer be able to send or receive any type of messages, even if you have a messaging bundle. This service may not block all e-mail, instant, or text messages." It's listed after my Data Pass, Plan, Data Service, etc...:

device_block_embed_38915.jpg

If I go to Change Services I am able to remove it and process the update. Once I log out of my account and log back in, the Device Block feature is selected again. This is only present on one of my two lines.

Is anyone able to provide some insight into this? The first time I noticed it was after I had signed up for the Digits Beta but it may have been there before that. I have since asked to be removed from Digits Beta but it's still there, so it could be unrelated. I still receive SMS and MMS but the fact that the service is selected there concerns me.

Yup I’ve been having the same issue to device block keeps turning on after I turn it off..! As well as the multiple device status for digitz. I have to literally check every HOUR to make sure it didn’t turn back on. I’ve talked to support they just tell me a different story every time I call.. 

This too is happening every single day on my lines, and my partners. We dont even have digits. And when we login to the account it says account features added or removed by store representative. She. We have never been in the store at all. This has to stop.