kamekazekitten

my phone was stolen and i tried using the android device manager with no luck. I am an emt who uses it for work and it was stolen from the ambulance what can i do if i dont want to deactivating it just to be out hundreds of dollars and just let them get away with stealing my phone?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: my phone was stolen

Oh no kamekazekitten - what an awful thing to happen while you're working, especially in the service of others.  I am so sorry!  What happened when you tried to use Android device manager - was it not able to locate your phone, or did it show an incorrect location?  Did you ever install and sign up for Lookout Security, by any chance? 

- Marissa

• kamekazekitten

it could not locate it. and no i didnt even know that was a thing

• tmo_marissa

Jeez, I'm so sorry to hear that you weren't able to locate it.  Location programs can be dicey, as they tend to rely on an active data connection to complete.  What wound up happening here?  Were you able to replace your phone?  What seemed to be the trouble with Android Device Manager - we'd love to at least help you figure this out in case (heaven forbid) something like this happens again.

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hey there!  Just checking in to see if you'd had any luck locating your phone.  Please let us know if you're still trying to use Android Device Manager and a little more about what's happening if you still need help!

- Marissa