needsleep1977

At my company we signed up our company lines to T-mobile .. the rep handed me a card explaining the business family discount :  Business Family Discounts | Business Paid Phone Discounts | T-Mobile    ... I was paying $100.00 a month with AT&T , and was told I would pay only $50.00 a month for 2 lines with this deal and T-mobile if I was to switch. So unfortunately, I did. I was told by the store reps that the first month would be pro-rated and might not show the discount, but after that I'd see it. I was also told that I shouldn't be concerned that there is no mention of the plan in the paperwork, it's just there I took their word for it and signed and left.

3 months later, still no discount, and our company rep no longer works with T-mobile. Last month I called in for the second time and spoke to another rep who after hours of trying to explain what this plan is, finally added a $40 credit to my account (woopie) ...now this month the credit is gone and the plan has gone up to $140.00 a month with more misc charges.

Who at T-mobile do I talk to about this plan? Is there a business number I should be calling since the regular T-mobile employees can't figure it out?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: T-mobile charging me the wrong plan

Hey needsleep1977!  A high bill would keep me up at night, too.  It's totally reasonable to wonder what's happening with a promotion, especially if it's the reason you switched service providers.  We can't take a look at individual accounts here, but can I ask a few questions to rule out some potential issues?  When you initiated service a few months back, did you walk through the site you linked to above and complete the registration process to enroll in the Business Family Discount?  We should have sent your corporate line a link and a verification code, and you would follow that link, enter the code and the information to verify your individual account, and agree to some T&Cs to complete the process.  I do know that you need to be the Primary Account Holder of the personal account to qualify, and agree to paperless billing - does all of this sound OK so far? 

You mentioned that your company rep no longer works with T-Mobile - does this mean you no longer have a company-paid T-Mobile line, or were you just stating that this resource isn't available any longer for assistance? 

We do have a small team who handle Business Family Discounts, and Customer Care can transfer your call to them - but they don't have a direct line.  You can also reach out to them via email form through the Contact Us link on the Business Family Discounts page.  Ultimately, though, we should all be able to assist with questions about this program and enrollment, and check to see if your account is provisioned for the discount, so I apologize if we dropped the ball here.  Please let me know if any of the information above is helpful!

- Marissa

• needsleep1977

Hello Marissa,

I called in again a couple hours ago  and went through this situation again with Luis. He says he has escalated the issue to the correct department now. So i'm to just wait 24 - 48 hours for an email back. I can only hope it gets resolved this time.

I am the personal primary holder of the personal account (it is under my social), but last month I paid last month an extra $1.99 for a paper bill so that I could see if the discount or some mention of the plan was listed somewhere on there (nope) . I'll re-enable that again.

I still have a T-mobile company plan, just the rep who sold me on the program is no longer there, so I can't just have him deal with this.

• tmo_marissa

Gotcha - well, at least that takes care of a lot of the potential hang-ups, which is promising!  Do you remember walking through the enrollment process I described above initially when you activated?  I'm wondering if there was a hang-up there somehow.  Please let us know what happens when you hear back from this escalation!

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Happy Monday needsleep1977!  Just checking in to see if you'd heard any update on your Business Family Discount.  Hope all is well!

- Marissa

• needsleep1977

No, as expected no one has gotten back to me. Luis said I should get an email within 24 - 48 hours and that was 7 days ago. What else do I have to do to get anyone to rectify this or allow me to cancel T-mobile and go back to AT&T

• tmo_mike_c

Wow, sorry this has been such a hassle. It's really disappointing to hear what you've been going through. I'm not sure if you've gotten this resolved already, but you could run this by our T-Force team using the social links on our Contact Us page. I do understand you've called in the past but we'd still need someone with account access to assist further, which T-Force can. I do hope you give us another shot to handle this for you.