Tourist Plan Info

valeriarodriguez

Can someone buy the Sim Kit for this plan in stores, and not activate it until months later? I'm traveling there by the end of the year and a friend can buy me the sim beforehand so I can call an uber to pick me up at the airport and stuff like that when I arrive.

Also, can you activate it online or only by phone?

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: Tourist Plan Info

Hey valeriarodriguez!

You have some great questions about the Prepaid Tourist plan that we offer. I think it's great that you're planning ahead. You can pre-purchase the Tourist Plan SIM kit here, but both the credit/debit card and ship-to address are restricted to US addresses. It sounds like this option will work for you if a friend in the US is willing to help out. You can activate it online once you make it to the US. One other thing that I would like to note is that the cost of the SIM kit also includes the 21-day plan. Do you plan on being in the US for more than 21 days?

• valeriarodriguez

Hello, thanks for the answers.

Does the activation online works 24h? Because I'm getting there around 10pm.

And yes, Im only going there for 8 days, so it works perfectly for me.

I have already use this plan before, but this time I need to get it sooner since I'm not renting a car and I'm arriving in the early morning to my final destination.

• tmo_amanda

Yes, you can activate at any time online! I hope you have a safe flight over here. Let us know if you have any other questions.

• magenta2715076

Hello- I plan to purchase the T-Mobile tourist card with a US Credit Card and have it shipped to someone in the US, who will ship it to me in Europe. I will then insert it in my unlocked phone and activate it online just before I leave Europe, but not turn the phone on (enter the SIM serial number, IMEI number and Activation code in your online form). When I get to the US airport 10 hours later and turn on the phone, will it activate after that 10 hour delay? Can you tell me if this will work? Thanks