slonet

So, I had a bill (about 2+ years old now) that was sent to collections. The bill was only for $49, nonetheless it has made a mark on my credit score. I want to pay it and remove this mark off my credit report. But, I have no idea how to do so. Help Me? contact me at ***edited personal info Mike C***. Thanks.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Bill sent to collections

Oh no slonet. This is definitely something we want to get taken care of ASAP. Was the account under your name? If so, you can Contact Us and have a Care rep take a look at your old account and see who you'll need to contact to handle this. Sorry, we don't have account access here but if you reach out to a rep over the phone, they can give you more guidance.

• slonet

I'd like to take care of this now. But what if i'm not able to take care of this over the phone and I do not have a t-mobile account anymore. It's somehow.. gone?

• snn_555

The payment you make after a bill goes to collections goes to the collections agency.  Sometimes they front the money to the company hiring them and the debtor pays the bill, sometimes with interest.  Other times companies take a cut of the bill upfront from the collections agency and the CA takes the owed amount.  IOW, the owed company takes a smaller portion of the bill and the CA takes the rest.

That being said, once it goes to collections, it's already going to be on your credit history for 7 years.  A lot of them state that, "If you pay us today, it will stay off your record."  But, either the owed company or the CA has already reported this to 1, 2 or all 3 credit bureaus. 

• tmo_mike_c

If you had an account with use before, there should still be a record of that bill. Handling what's owed may require that you go directly through the collection agency instead of T-Mobile, but we can have Care take a peek at what happened on the old account. We want to help you get this taken care of quickly too, so if you can reach out to our Care team when you can, they'll help get the ball rolling.