QUESTION - Duplicate Line on Free Line

bordelais

Is there anyway in the IMS system to take one of my FREE lines on my account and make it a duplicate line of my primary line?

Basically what I would like to do is separate the data plans on the two phones, but use the same phone number on each line.  The line is going unused and I would prefer that over a standard Duplicate SIM that shares a data plan.

Before you you say 'no', be technically creative and please say 'yes'.  Consider this a beta feature worth exploring and testing and I'll be your guinea pig.

All replies

• azdreamscape

Re: QUESTION - Duplicate Line on Free Line

it depends on what phone you put the 'free line' SIM in.

If that phone can download the DIGITS app...

Wait a minute...

What you want to do is game the system and get 'free data' on your main line.

This is the kind of shenanigans that got everyone kicked off of 'unlimited hotspot data' a few years back.

If I knew a way, I wouldn't tell you.

• billmack1964

You could create a separate T-Mobile account and have a separate plan, and link it to your t-mobile ID.  This is independent of DIGITS. 

DIGITs has two main options (but you can mix and match):

1) Multiple lines on one device (Primary line + virtual DIGITs lines). 

You can also use the DIGITs app on another device , or DIGITs website on a computer and have access to your DIGITS lines.

2) Multiple devices with duplicate number.  This involves getting a clone SIM card for the other devices. 

You can also use the DIGITs app on another device , or DIGITs website on a computer and have access to your DIGITS lines.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey there bordelais.

As mentioned above, the duplicate line will just be a replica of the main line. So the data won't be separated into different buckets. Basically, any data usage from the device with the duplicate SIM, will be deducted from the main line's bucket.