Misplaced EIP Payment

gisellelatina

I made a payment towards a device on EIP wanting to pay off the device early and noticed it was misapplied to the wrong device. After contacting several reps no one has been able to assist and I need the payment applied to my device. Help!!!

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Misplaced EIP Payment

Hey gisellelatina - I'm so sorry to read this.  We understand these mistakes happen - and in some situations, there's a window where we can reverse the payment while it's pending - but in others, if it posts instantly to the EIP balance, there isn't an opportunity to do so.  Where did you make your EIP payment, and how long ago?  We can't access individual accounts from this forum, but I'd love to at least review the process for you and let you know what we can do once and for all so that you're not hunting for an answer.  <3

- Marissa

• gisellelatina

The payment from what I understand has already been posted towards the wrong EIP as it was taken in the store. It was done earlier this month and as soon as I found out I reached out to get it corrected. Is there anything that can be done in this case? I'd hate to pay a phone that is not mine.

• tmo_marissa

Yikes.  It's such a bummer to say this, but since EIP payments made in store are instant, they're not reversible.  The phone you were trying to pay on and the phone that you accidentally paid on - are they the same make, model, memory size?

- Marissa

• gisellelatina

Hi Marissa,

Yes, that is exactly what happened. The phone I was trying to pay on and the phone accidently paid on are the exact same make, model, and memory size. I know I provided my telephone number when paying because I do not have the other number memorized. Now I want to pay the $460 balance that would have been remaining but it still reflects I owe nearly the entire amount. Such an inconvenience.

• tmo_marissa

Eeesh.  I'm so sorry this happened!  So, this is kind of a long shot, but I know that our internal teams have a tool that might help in this situation.  I'm going to shoot you a PM with a few more details, and it will require reaching out to T-Force or Customer Care since moderators like me don't have account access; but we may be able to make this right!  Please take a look at your inbox in a few.  <3

- Marissa