Tourist plan information

valeriarodriguez

Hello, I'm from Central America and will be visiting the US for a week in august, I'm looking forward to buy a Tourist 3 week plan while I'm there (I have use it before but I have bought it in store), and I have a few questions regarding that.

First, can I order it online and receive it before without activating it? (Pd: I do have an US address that can ship me directly the sim card).

Second, can I pay it with an US Visa Gift Card? I don't have an US credit card.

And lastly, can I activate it online from here before I leave? Or do I need to call from a US number to activate it once I arrive?

All replies

• miket

Re: Tourist plan information

You  can't buy it from TM directly.  They don't send SIMs outside country.

• tmo_marissa

Re: Tourist plan information

These are great questions valeriarodriguez - thank you for asking, and congratulations on your upcoming trip!  Kudos to you for planning in advance. 

Customers can pre-purchase the Tourist Plan SIM kit online or over the phone, but both the credit/debit card billing address and the SIM's shipping address are restricted to US addresses.  Your plan of having the SIM kit shipped to a friend in the US and using a prepaid US Mastercard or US Visa gift card to use online or during your call to pay are perfectly reasonable.  You will need to call our Prepaid team or stop by a store to activate it once you arrive.    Please let me know if you have any other questions, we're happy to help you prep for travel!

- Marissa