lv64

can not turn on sound and can not hear phone when  a call comes in other than it works fine.

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: kyocera hydro wave cell  6740

Hey lv64!

This is super odd and kind of makes it a pain to receive notifications. Are you able to get any music to play out of the speaker on the phone? If you use headphones do you hear sounds? Have you checked all of the obvious things such as taking the phone off of vibrate mode, disconnect bluetooth, etc?

• lv64

Nope,.., the phone will not turn on ,took the phone to T-Mobile sand they no can help, I have to believe the battery is dead and I believe that as I pushed the on button and it started and then went dead and has been ever since. Thanks for the help.

• tmo_amanda

Gosh, it sounds like it is getting worse. Are you able to turn it on while it's connected to the charger? It sounds like the real issue now is getting your phone to power on. I know it doesn't have a removable battery but have you tried to press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds to get it to restart?

• lv64

Kyocera directions for sending in the phone for repair to include a bill of sale of which I emailed back that I appeared not to have one and T-mobile can not issue me one from almost two years ago when  three phones were bought so I asked three times can I send in the phone for repair without a bill of sale and three times they did not answer me but just sent me the same info which included a bill of sale needed.

So I bought a new phone and not from Kyocera and never again will I and so I took apart the   phone and am now waiting for the new ordered battery to arrive to see if it will correct the phone from being dead as I had tried all info found on how to maybe turn the phone on.

Thanks for your concern and help

• snn_555

Wish I had seen this post earlier.  A lot of 3rd party repair shops in malls and stand-alone locations can replace a battery for anywhere between $25 and $100.  A local shop here replaces iPhone batteries for $25 including the battery and labor, but that varies according to stock and availability and depth of difficulty I'm sure.

Since the phone was most likely out of warranty anyway, a bill of sale should not have been needed for repair.  I can see one being needed if the warranty was still in effect.

1 of 1 people found this helpful