joelhspencer

Considering swapping, but haven't really found a good reason. Any differences in coverage/roaming?

All replies

• miket

One off the top is intl. roaming

• stevetjr

GoGo (airline) internet and texting, T-Mobile Tuesday, as mentioned above free international roaming (including calling in Mexico and Canada, Now HD video not SD.  Also anytime they make a "un-carrier" move that isn't a "plan" change everyone gets it like this new HD video and tethering change to the T-Mobile One plan, they just turned it on for everyone that is on that plan.  

• joelhspencer

OK. So no roaming or coverage differences, just a few extras. I don't think I'd use many if any of those, so maybe it's not worth the switch. Thanks for the information. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 6:34 PM, stevetjr<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:   

T-Mobile Support Community

I have metro pcs $60 plan. What benefits do u get for swapping to tmobile $70 plan?

created by stevetjr in Plans & Services Discussions - View the full discussion

GoGo (airline) internet and texting, T-Mobile Tuesday, as mentioned above free international roaming (including calling in Mexico and Canada, Now HD video not SD.  Also anytime they make a "un-carrier" move that isn't a "plan" change everyone gets it like this new HD video and tethering change to the T-Mobile One plan, they just turned it on for everyone that is on that plan.  

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Plans & Services Discussions by email or at T-Mobile Support

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

|

• snn_555

The coverage is a a little different.  Roaming agreements with other carriers in areas that T-Mobile does not have towers are to the benefit of postpaid vs prepaid.  Also, you have options for better phones on installments whereas with prepaid, you pay upfront and sometimes don't have the same options of T-Mobile branded devices.  IMO, getting on T-Mo during the Simple Choice days would have been the biggest beneficial move from Metro.  Now, with the ONE plan only available, maybe not.  Take for instance my plan...2 lines 6GB with Stash, is $85 with Gov discount.  I only have $4 a month in taxes and fees, so the All-In ONE plan costs more and I lose my discount.

All that to say that, sometimes it isn't always about the difference in features and more about the discounts, or as it is now, the timing of when you switch.