Sync Messages?

lefty09

I set up my duplicate line the other day, and all is working well, calls and texts are coming thru, and data is working(learned yesterday that it's using my hotspot data). This may not be possible but I wish all my messaging could be synched to my two devices.... obviously incoming texts show up on both, but outgoing messages are only on the device from which i sent them. It's understandable, since we're talking actual cellular messaging and not thru data, but I guess it's a question, or perhaps a feature request, if it were at all possible somehow? thanks, i'm happy to be par of the Digits Beta program!

All replies

• lefty09

Re: Sync Messages?

I guess i should mention that i like using my phone's native messaging apps, so i am not using the Digits apps at all, since i have a duplicate sim. Maybe with the app i could at least have my conversatons fully synched?

• dshrum84

I've mentioned the same thing.  It's not that you're using the native app vs the Digits app.  They just haven't made things sync up.  I hope it's a goal of the end program.

• lefty09

Ah OK, nice. I did use Digits for a brief period, and i thought all messages including outgoing, were at least synched within the app itself, even if not in the native apps. Not sure... But yeah, it would be sweet. But I guess the system would have to send your text to your other line every time you sent a message? Not sure

• tmo_evan

Thanks for the discussion here.  One of the features we did put in the app was for it to be able to have your SIM line shown in the application.  This way if you have the app on your native phone then you can install the application and have that same line turned on in the app - thus you'll have all of your messages shown in the application.  Getting those messages back to your native messaging app is a bit trickier and we're working on something to possible help with that, but it's still a ways out.

Obviously getting your outbound messages sync'ed across all of your devices is something that we do want, it's just super tricky.

• dankissling

I like this idea, needs to be implemented.

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!