shuel

Yesterday my Galaxy S7 Edge home button and recent apps button stopped working when the phone is unlocked. I can use the home button to turn the screen on, fingerprint reading works, but when I am using the phone the home button does not take me back to the home screen. The recent apps touch button gives vibration feedback when I press it and the light comes on, but nothing happens.

It also started asking me for a password to decrypt my phone each time I restarted it instead of just the normal password to access the phone. Not sure if the two are related, but they happened at the same time. I don't think I did anything to trigger the prompt to decrypt each time. I don't see any third party apps that would do that either.

- I have tried turning it off and on again

- I have tried clearing the cache by shutting down and on power up holding power, volume down, home and selecting clear cache from the menu that comes up.

- I have tried booting into Safe Mode, although I am not sure if it did it right. it shows safe mode on the "enter password to decrypt your phone page, but it's not a button and it goes away after I put the password in.

- I contacted T-Mobile support through chat and they said I would have to call in. At that point I would rather go into a store.

All replies