Over heated phone

nesimderim

MY phone was plugged in over heated and looked like it was on fire... it had a flame coming out of the side

All replies

• theartiszan

Re: Over heated phone

I would take the battery out then if it is removable and visit a store as soon as possible to see if it is possibly covered under warranty and get an exchange started.  What phone do you have?  Note 7?

• nesimderim

iPhone 6s Plus.     

Oh no I literally put it under water it was very hot and you couldn't even hold the phone that's how hot it was. I was worried about something catching on fire. 

I really hope T-Mobile can resolve this problem! 

>

• tmo_mike_c

Yikes that's super scary nesimderim.

That's surprising to hear this happened with your phone. We don't have any known reports of this happening with this phone. Have you already gotten the phone replaced? It may be something you'll need to file a claim for if you have insurance and the store wasn't able to exchange it.

• nesimderim

This happened a week ago and your getting back to me now?!? IT WASNT OVERHEATED IT WAS ON FIRE! I have pictures to prove it! You know I have been a customer with T-Mobile probably 15 years. Never missed a payment never skipped! T-Mobile is very quick to remind you to pay your bill monthly or even promotions. I am sadly disappointed on the way T-Mobile handled this manner!     

I called after I sent a few emails. T-Mobile told me to PAY to get anther phone?!? 

What does it matter if you haven't gotten previous reports on this matter! I am reporting it. I don't care what you guys had or what's been reported! I am reporting now! 

I am sadly disappointed in this whole experience! 

>

• tmo_mike_c

We do appreciate your loyalty and how you've been on time with your payments, however, I do hope this wasn't the topic we focused on when you called. Looking at replacing the phone should be the priority.

nesimderim wrote: What does it matter if you haven't gotten previous reports on this matter! I am reporting it. I don't care what you guys had or what's been reported! I am reporting now!

Your safety is what really matters to us. The only reason I mentioned this not being reported is because we handle this differently if the manufacturer has a known issue like this with their devices. Take for example the Samsung Note7. This device was recalled and there were specific steps in place to handle this. Since this wasn't the case with the iPhone, we'd normally look at filing a claim to replace the phone. My apologies if replacing the phone wasn't our main focus to resolve this and you had such a disappointing experience.

• nesimderim

Very disappointing! I called in and one of the ladies there said I had to pay for a new phone. That was not acceptable being that the phone was not dropped, cracked or broken in any way. I specifically said, "my phone had a flame coming out of it!" I was thankful my son was awake at the time and didn't progress.

I don't think you understand how serious it could've gotten or neither did she! I was disappointed with how T-Mobile handled the problem to the max!      

I will be writing a revised on my experience! 

>

• theartiszan

I would also recommend connecting Apple directly. They are in control of the warranty and service of the phone and might have better options.

• tmo_mike_c

I completely understand how serious this is and you've made it very clear. I'm glad to hear it didn't progress either, and I do hope your son wasn't hurt. That is disappointing to hear "buy a new phone" especially after something like this happens. We really should have handled that differently and I really wish this whole thing had gone much better for.