Major outage in california!

allenenriquez1985

I started from Chico to Fresno I have not seen an outage this bad since I left big yellow Nextel shut down.

All replies

• allenenriquez1985

Re: Major outage in california!

Okay looks like we're go to go magenta as always T-Mobile rocks or did take awhile to fix but it got done right! My speeds are at 9mbps in the countryside of Fresno where their is still chickens, hens, roosters, goats, sheep, peacocks, ostrich, horse's, cow's, bull's. When their is not internet here I just go outside and enjoy the countryside outback of Fresno.

• tmo_marissa

Thanks for the update allenenriquez1985!  By the looks of this, it seems like you were out for an hour, so I'm relieved to read that it wasn't long - but I'm definitely still sorry that this happened at all.  It's awesome that you have such beautiful surroundings to enjoy when you're not able to get online!  I had no idea that Fresno was so pastoral!    Thanks for keeping us in the loop, and I'm glad everything's working okay now.

- Marisa

• miket

Guess you had all your news sources shut down yesterday and today.   Starting Sat. nite and Sun.  100,000 people were forced to evacute the area around Oroville dam.   (Soth of Chico.)   System was probably overloaded.  Once you had hit 99 south to Fresno, everything was probably fine.

• tmo_marissa

You know, I saw that in the news and I didn't put two and two together at all.  I hope neither of your families or any of your friends were impacted by the evacuation!

- Marissa

• allenenriquez1985

thanks miket it was a frightfu experience i can't believe the traffic and outagea those days I kinda wish Tmobile was more prepared like they do in the east coas. This was a time of life and death. I am glad no one died.

• miket

Snowstorms and hurricanes are predictable 2-5 days in advance.     As I recall, the dam disaster (that didn't happen after all)  gave the people only a few hours to leave.  Earthquakes give NO warning. 

I was at the world series in 1989 when that earthquake hit.  In those days mostly business people had cell phones.  Altho electricity was out in much of Bay Area for hours - most landlines worked.  Cellular was still analogue and one of us got thru to a wife after trying for 10-15 minutes and had her call other wives.