LineLink DIGITS Users - Please Read!

tmo_evan

If you are using, have used, are trying to use or want to use Linelink with DIGITS, we are pleased to announce that Linelink is now officially compatible with DIGITS.   However, please keep reading since there are several things that you will need to do, in order to properly use these 2 services together.

1. You must call the special care number for DIGITS and request that they migrate you from your existing LineLink rate plan to the new DIGITS compatible rate plan that was launched on 2/12.  if you do not do this, you will continue to see some peculiarities in how LineLink works including the possibility of either your phone or the Linelink line not ring.  Only the DIGITS special care has the details on migrating you (and if they haven't been trained yet, just push them to ask their manager on the proper procedure).

2. Once you have done this, please make sure that you have "add myself" to your LineLink number on the my DIGITS portal (https://myDIGITS.T-Mobile.com)

If you've now done both of these items, you should be able to utilize the funcitonality.  You will now notice also that you should be able to send/receive text messages with your LineLink DIGITS though these text messages will only appear in DIGITS clients or in DIGITS enabled handsets.

Please try this out, and let us know how you like the experience and of course please reach out if you have any issues!

All replies

• 9900dude

Re: LineLink DIGITS Users - Please Read!

Hey there!  Thanks for posting this.

I had them move me yesterday.  I only see three lines as 'available' in Digits (my account has like 11), and the Line Link, even on the new plan, isn't showing up as one of the three lines in the app.

I've even logged out and back in the app, and revalidated it.

• rpanchapagesan

This is great news. I am in the process of "on-boarding" my LineLink all over again to make this migration. Cant wait to start using my home phone on my mobile, which I used to have with my previous landline service provider.

Is there an app setting to use the voice plan of my line link line on my cellphone? I would definitely want this so that I can use my State Side International Talk minutes on my mobile, without having to subscribe separately on each phone line. Currently I am paying $15 each (total $30) just for stateside international talk.

• ransomv

I tried this back on 2/13 and was told they knew nothing about migrating plans, so I gave up for a while.

I tried again today, and again the support person acted lost. So I read her some of the above. She searched for it, then said that the info above was "unofficial and not correct" but that I should go back and register for DIGITS again, but specify my LineLink line.

What is the correct thing to do?

• tmo_evan

ransomv

The rep was incorrect.  Make sure you're calling the special care number and ask them to make sure you are on the proper rate plan.  If you're still on the Tax Exclusive version of the rate plans (aka Simple Choice) then you'll want them to change the rate plan from "Linklnk2 - LineLink (e911 addr req'd) TE" to "DGLNLNKE - LineLink TE".

That's all they need to do.  If you're still running into issues let me know and I'll look at getting this cleared up for you.

• pstemper

The original post says to "call the special Digits Care number."  What number would that be?  I loved digits, but I had an @Home and got forced to go to LineLink.  LineLink seems to be OK, but they told me they had to switch my plan to make Digits work with LineLink.  They did that, my cost almost doubled, so I called support.  This time they said my plan didn't need to switch, and they switched me back.  Now my Virtual Digits line doesn't work on my Samsung anymore using Multi-Line (says FAILED when I try to activate it), but it works on my iPAD running the Digits App.  When I tried to get Digits to work with my LineLink, the LineLink would no longer ring, so I removed my authorization from that line.  LineLink seems to be back now, but no Digits on the LineLink, and the virtual line no longer works on my Samsung S7 Multi-line (Just says FAILED when I try to activate it.)  I tried logging in/out of the multi-line settings.  Still shows the virtual line when I log back in, just can't activate.  Like I said though, it activates OK using Digits on the iPAD..

I think I need to get this "Digits Special Care" number invoked.. 

Paul

• tmo_chris

My goodness! We need to get this sorted out for sure. I will send you a private message with the info you need.

• pstemper

Thanks Chris!  I called and talked to a rep that got it working for me.  Only BAD side is I just got my S8+ yesterday, and found out the MultiLine stuff doesn't work with it yet, so I need to install and use the digits app on my phone.  They said they hope it will be fixed in a couple more weeks though, so I will keep my fingers crossed.

T-Mobile still rocks!!

Paul

• tmo_evan

pstemper

It should absolutely work.  I think we just need to get the number associated with the phone re-provisioned for using with the phone.  I've asked one of the forum admins to get some info and we'll get that sorted for you.

Thanks for using and testing DIGITS!

• pstemper

Oh.  Interesting!  When I tried to "turn on" the line using Multi-line, it just said "failed."  When I use Digits installed on the phone it works.  The rep I talked to said it was a known issue with the S8+, and that they hope to have it worked out within the next two weeks, and it would be a push to the phone.  BTW: It not only worked from Digits installed on the phone, but also from Digits installed on an iPAD, and my S7 Edge as of yesterday.  It just fails on the new S8+ Multi-Line settings.  I received my s8+ last night (and then decommissioned my S7 Edge.)

• pstemper

One more thing,I just tried..I actually have three numbers.  One is the cell phone "real" number (2155), one virtual number (8922), and a LineLink #(1506).  Digits on the phone works for all of them.  Multi-line fails on the virtual (with just "failed" when trying to turn it on), and the LineLink just sits forever at "Connecting."  Again, using Digits on the phone, they all work.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey pstemper and thanks for giving us feedback.

I sent you a private message. Can you reply to that with your info? We'll have our folks that a look at what's going wonky for you. Thanks!

P.S. I agree with you. T-Mobile does rock, and so do you!

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!