Can Lumia 521 be updated to windows 10?

caramelblessed

Can Lumia 521 be updated to windows 10?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hey caramelblessed - it looks like T-Mobile's  Software updates: Nokia Lumia 521 stopped at Windows 8.1.  Based on when the device was released and how long it's been since the last update was agreed upon between the manufacturer and T-Mobile, I'll be honest - I suspect we won't be releasing additional updates the traditional way (OTA), although if you "follow" that page you'll be notified via email of any updates.  I know there are third party sites out there that recommend alternative ways to update a device's software, but we're not able to support that here.  Is your phone working okay?  Was there a particular reason you were interested in a software update? 

- Marissa

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • caramelblessed

Thanks for the info. Yes my phone is working fine. I was asking because I just received a Fitbit Charge 2 and it was not listed under the devices I could currently download into my app. However, it looks like its not necessary because for some reason  the info is still being tracked. I'm guessing the technology for the Charge 2 is similar to the Charge HR which I recently had. Again thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

• tmo_marissa

No thanks necessary, that's what we're here for!  I'm glad it sounds like it wound up being a non-issue (and seriously glad there's nothing terribly awry with your device).  Thank you for responding - not sure where you're located but if you're in a state like mine that's enjoying unseasonably warm weather for February, I hope you're getting some action out of that Fitbit in this early spring air!

- Marissa