I cannot send messages to a group larger than 20.  Is there anything I should try?

thunder13mc

This issue seems to be carrier related because others using the same phone and default app do not have this issue that are not on Tmobile.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Welcome thunder13mc!  You're not missing any steps, I hope you weren't worried!  I can't speak to messaging limits on other carriers, but I do know that for Android devices on T-Mobile, group messages are converted to MMS and limited to the number of recipients a MMS can reach - typically 10, but if you have Marshmallow (Android 6.0) it should be a max of 20 recipients.  I'm sorry about any inconvenience here.  If keeping multiple running groups isn't as intuitive as you'd like, you could maybe get around this with a third party app.  I use a popular third party chat app to communicate with my family (25 people in the group) so that we can share photos of our kids, plan meet-ups, and things like that.  I know that this might not be ideal if everyone you're communicating with doesn't have a smartphone, but just thought I'd throw that out there as an option.

- Marissa