thunder13mc

This issue seems to be carrier related because others using the same phone and default app do not have this issue that are not on Tmobile.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Welcome thunder13mc!  You're not missing any steps, I hope you weren't worried!  I can't speak to messaging limits on other carriers, but I do know that for Android devices on T-Mobile, group messages are converted to MMS and limited to the number of recipients a MMS can reach - typically 10, but if you have Marshmallow (Android 6.0) it should be a max of 20 recipients.  I'm sorry about any inconvenience here.  If keeping multiple running groups isn't as intuitive as you'd like, you could maybe get around this with a third party app.  I use a popular third party chat app to communicate with my family (25 people in the group) so that we can share photos of our kids, plan meet-ups, and things like that.  I know that this might not be ideal if everyone you're communicating with doesn't have a smartphone, but just thought I'd throw that out there as an option.

- Marissa