kickback does not apply to "free" line that's no longer free?

avega04

In November we signed up for T-Mobile ONE™ during the 4th line free promotion. Last week we switched to the T-Mobile ONE™ with taxes and fees included. The FAQ for this deal specifically states that "You will lose any ‘free lines’ you have, but in virtually all cases you will save money vs either promotion."

We also signed up for Kickback for every line and surprisingly got a text message today that one of the lines will not get kickback because it was already a "free" line. I understand that the Tmobile states that the Kickback promotion will not apply to free lines: "KickBack is not available for free lines (for example, 4th line free promotions)" but technically we do not have any free lines since we switched to the Taxes and Fees included promotion. I think the denial of kickback on this line has no ground based in your policy documents. Please advise..

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hey avega04 - you're right, this is strange!  We don't have the ability to access accounts here in the Support Community, since it's a user forum, but I can hazard two guesses as to why this may be happening.  First, is it possible that the plan change was future dated?  If the switch to "All Included" doesn't take place until the end of the current bill cycle, then that might explain why your (not) "free" line is still showing up as such in our system.  If that's not the culprit, then it may be that it takes until the bill cycle closes for the line to be reconciled in our billing system as a regular line.  Have you had a chance to reach out regarding this issue already, or any luck turning KickBack on without an error message since this original post?

- Marissa

• avega04

Hi tmo_marissa, thanks for your reply, your suspicions might be a probable cause but I guess I'll have to wait until the next bill cycle to check if everything is reconciled the way it should be. Kickback is enable in all lines and I do not get any error messages. I did call costumer support and explained the situation and the person handling the call ignored my claim and kept telling me the line is still free. I'll post back with an update after the next bill cycle closes. Thanks again.

• tmo_marissa

No problem!  I wish I had a more concrete answer to provide - and I'm sorry that you felt brushed off when you reached out for assistance.  You want to have an expectation of what your statement will look like, and that's totally reasonable.  Please keep us posted here when the statement arrives, I'd love to know (especially in case any other users bump into this!) how this plays out!

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hi there avega04 - I know it's only been a week, but I just wanted to touch base and see if you'd received a statement yet or if you'd gained any traction with this.  Let us know how things are going for you!  Thanks for any updates. 

- Marissa