TMO is either using false advertising methods or they have bad CS.

sho'nuff75

I was contacted by a TMO rep about getting a free line by November 22, 2016 to which I signed up for. I have been getting charged $30 plus fees for that line when it should just be the taxes and fees.

Then I got my wife the Black Fri promotion of trading in her paid-off S6 Edge to get a free S7 Edge upgrade as long as we signed for 2 years. We did that. Of course, I am being charged $30 per month for the installment plan and we got no credit for her S6 even though it shows TMO received it.

I have spent hours on the phone and seemingly getting nowhere. I finally got some emails about the phone received and bill credit but I check and there's $0 credit. This needs to be fixed now. I'm tired of calling and having to tell the whole story again and again and nobody gets back to me or fixes the issue. I am about to start lighting up social media as much as possible and will talk to an attorney as I see lots of people posting the same issues on here and other places. I'm sure a class-action lawsuit would help TMO stay in the running with the other big 2..

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hey there sho'nuff75T - I am stoked about your username, but bummed about the experience you're describing.  We don't want you paying for a line that should be free or missing credits for a device you traded in.  I'm glad to hear you got email confirmation, but that's not helpful if the credits aren't actually showing up on your statements!  The Support Community is a user forum, so moderators here don't have the ability to take a look into a customer's account - but we definitely want to make sure this is addressed - not only the missing credits, but also if we're missing follow-up appointments with you; that's a serious issue.  I know you mentioned social media - if you're comfortable reaching out through FB or Twitter, we actually have a support team in those channels who do have a method to securely authenticate your account information and look at the details.  I understand not wanting to repeat the issue, too - so another benefit of interacting with our T-Force team is that you can copy and paste this into a message to send to them on Facebook, or you can simply link to this thread in a Twitter DM.  Then we can get your account information, verify you, and figure out what's missing here. The previous interactions will stay in the thread, so if for any reason you have to return to the message, you won't have to go over it again.  Thank you for taking the time to post here and provide this feedback. 

- Marissa

• sho'nuff75

Multiple people responded to my facebook message and I had to explain it over and over. Then I was told from one guy I was eligible while the next guy said I wasn't. Then he said he'd escalate it to Promotions and have them "figure it out". Said it could take a couple weeks. I already went through this a month ago when I was told it could take a couple weeks and nothing has been done.

Why am I getting the run around? This is so unprofessional. I think I may want to cancel TMO. I want to get back the S6 Edge my wife sent in as it was paid for and then we will look into switching to a carrier that doesn't play games like this.

• tmo_marissa

Eeesh.  I can see why this would feel like a run-around.  That's not the experience that we want you to have or that we aim to provide.  FWIW, you are able to work directly with the promotions team via email or by calling the number at the bottom of the page, but I'd hate for you to have to do that when you've already put forth so much effort and it sounds like we reached out to them on your behalf. You mentioned that the second T-Force representative stated that your account wasn't eligible for the promotion - were you provided with a reason?  I know the purchase window was from 11/24 - 11/27, that the offer required you to have T-Mobile ONE or a regular postpaid Simple Choice plan with an unlimited high speed data package, and an account that is both active and in good standing - do those things all sound like your situation?  From what you've advised, especially since you received an email regarding the device's evaluation, it doesn't sound as though there was an issue with the trade-in device itself. 
                We don't want to lose your business.  I assure you that there is an internal escalation process that Care and T-Force reps have to contact an offline team when promotional EIP bill credits aren't on an account but should be.  Since we're not able to look at your account through this forum, I can't be sure if that's what the representative you mentioned was attempting to do for you, or whether it's what needs to happen next.  What I can do from here is ensure that your feedback about the way that this played out is passed up, but I sincerely hope you'll consider contacting Care or T-Force for assistance with the credits you were promised, or at the very least to confirm the steps that were taken to resolve this.

- Marissa

• sho'nuff75

Thanks for your response, Marissa. They're giving me the run around on 2 issues. On the free line I was told not eligible by one and eligible by the other. The SIM was ordered on Nov 22nd which was the last day of the promotion and it was done through my "business rep" so it better be eligible since he called me with the offer. That guy doesn't answer calls or emails anymore. Brandon McNabb. The second issue is the phone and now they're telling me it was locked, which is a joke as my wife reset it to factory settings to remove her pictures, etc. So now I'm being lied to. Even if it was locked why wouldn't they just call me and ask for the code?

Even if this does get fixed, TMO has lost my respect for them and I won't be promoting them anymore like I used to. I guess in a race to win they forgot why people were signing up with them; to get away from the other 2 that treat their customers like crap.