What is family allowances, What is family allowances

charlestonbaker

What is family allowances on t-mobile

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hey charlestonbaker!  You can click this link for more details about our Family Allowances service, but essentially, it's an additional feature you can add to your account that will allow you to set limits for on-network calls, messages, and downloads.  Was there a reason why you were curious?  Have you seen this feature on your statements, or were you interested in blocking numbers?

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hey, all! We're going through older general posts regarding Family Allowances and making sure that everyone gets a chance to take a peek at our new family program, FamilyMode, launching 6/29. You can read our blog about it here and learn more in the Resources list at the bottom: Meet the digital ally parents need -- thank you for sharing your opinions with us!

• nursegloworm

Family allowances allows you to set bedtime modes for your kids phone conversations and text messages.  You can also block specific numbers from messaging or calling them.  Not much benefit outside of that.  Kids can still use facetime for calls on iPhone, and they can have full conversations through snapchat and other apps all night long.  Family allowances does not block wifi access, so it's only minimally helpful.  I just added the new  Family Mode and discovered within an hour of setting it up that it is pure GARBAGE as well.  When my kid couldn't answer a facetime call at midnight she just turned off the VPN that enables Family Home on her iphone.  My phone was notified, that's all. She is sitting there contentedly using her phone right now at 1252 am. Thanks Tmobile! Now I am paying an extra $20 for both features and getting what?  I have Xfinity Xfi which allows me to block their devices at night, but then my kids just connect to the neighbors open Xfinity hotspot.