Video streaming not working?

raquelbeardo16@yahoo.com

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and my video streaming just stopped working - EVERYTHING else works fine (Pandora, Twitter, Facebook except for video, Google, etc..) but none of my video streaming apps work ( Netflix, Youtube, Hulu, etc) I have 4G lte at all times, and just renewed service, so I have plenty of data allowance. I have tried my mom's SIM card in my phone and the video works fine, it also works fine with Wifi. However, I put my SIM into my mom's phone and video streaming didn't work. I figured there was a problem with the SIM so I got a new one, but there was no change at all. I have chatted with various TMobile customer service reps on six different occasions, but I can't get anything resolved. Any ideas what might be going on and what I might do to fix this issue?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hey there!  It's tough to say without taking a look at your account to check the provisioning on our side, but you've done some great tests.  Since your phone is able to stream video with your mom's SIM and over WiFi, it doesn't seem likely that it's a device issue, and if your mom's also a T-Mobile customer, it seems unlikely that it's a network issue either.  Are you a member of the same family plan that your mom's line is on?  If not, what type of plan do you have?  Do you know about how much data you've used so far this bill cycle? 

- Marissa

• raquelbeardo16@yahoo.com

I am not on the same plan as my mother, I have a pre-paid plan. I am not sure how much data that I have used so far this cycle, but this was happening on the very first day that my plan renewed when I should have had 6GB of 4Glte. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 12:30 PM, tmo_marissa<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:   

T-Mobile Support Community

Video streaming not working?

created by tmo_marissa in Other Android Discussions - View the full discussion

Hey there!  It's tough to say without taking a look at your account to check the provisioning on our side, but you've done some great tests.  Since your phone is able to stream video with your mom's SIM and over WiFi, it doesn't seem likely that it's a device issue, and if your mom's also a T-Mobile customer, it seems unlikely that it's a network issue either.  Are you a member of the same family plan that your mom's line is on?  If not, what type of plan do you have?  Do you know about how much data you've used so far this bill cycle? 

- Marissa

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Other Android Discussions by email or at T-Mobile Support

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

|

• tmo_chris

Re: Video streaming not working?

Just wanted to check in with you to see if you were still having issues streaming videos on your phone. Let us know