egcom

Hi,

I bought the P9 Plus dual SIM international version. I am based in silicon valley and dont seem to be able to lock on LTE even though phone spec says it supports Band 1/2/3/4/5/7/17. I checked APN settings and they seem OK. anybody working with the P9 plus?

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: Huawei P9 Plus VIE-L29

Hey egcom!

I double checked the coverage in Silicon Valley and compared it against the frequencies on the P9 Plus. You won't be able to pick-up LTE in the area because the 700 MHz frequency is needed. 2G is the only thing you'll pick-up there.

• egcom

Thanks. I thought the 700MHz is band 12 and 17 for t-mobile which the

specification of the P9+ shows it supports. thoughts?

• tmo_amanda

You're totally right! I'm sorry that I overlooked that. I did a bit more digging and the only reason that I can see that you may not be picking up LTE is due to modernization that is currently happening. There are two towers being upgraded, one is for the 700 band and the other is for the 2100 band. Depending on your exact location, this could be the culprit.

My recommendation is to give our Tech Support team a call. It sounds like a ticket may need to be filed on your behalf. You can get in touch with them here.

Keep me updated with the outcome. I curious as to what the final outcome will be.