papamel

I purchased an Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows 10 installed on it. I have tried to connect/pair it with my pc (and my laptop) both have Windows 10 Premium installed, latest updates, but cannot get the phone to connect to either. I tried all the phone suites from Alcatel's support site, still could not connect or find the phone in the listings. Anyone else having this issue, or am the only one?

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Hmm.

What actions are you trying to perform with the device after connecting? Have you been able to try any non windows 10 devices to see if it's a possible OS compatibility issue?

-Lauren

• tmo_marissa

Happy Monday papamel!  I just wanted to check back in and see if you'd had any luck with this - it definitely seems odd that your equipment isn't recognized by a computer or laptop using the same software.  I took a peek at the user manual and just (Ctrl+F) searched for "computer" for any tips on how to connect - it does mention that "Before using MTP, make sure that the driver (Windows Media Player 11 or higher version) has been installed" - is this one of the drivers you installed from the support site already? 

- Marissa

• kpo6969

Windows 10 Premium I have never heard of. There is Home and Pro 32bit and 64bit.

Has your phone been added to your Microsoft account as a listed device?

Which build version of Windows 10 do you have on both? Version 1607 is latest, then there was 1511 and 1507.

The most updated version for PC and Phone is version 1607 (OS Build 14393.693).

I always run the same build and version on my PC (Windows 10 Pro x64) and Phone (Alcatel Idol 4s Windows).

Windows 10 has Windows Media Player 12 installed and MTP pertains to mp3 like devices I believe.

Groove is the default music player and Movies and TV the video player. Windows 10 Phones do not have Windows Media Player.

1 of 1 people found this helpful