samsung s7 edge multi line

bunk

since the phone doesnt need to download the app how does it receive its updates when theres a update to digits

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: samsung s7 edge multi line

Hey bunk, this is a great question.  Since multi-line settings are built-in, any updates are completed on the server side.  Were you just curious, or is there something going on that's concerning you?

- Marissa

• bunk

I keep seeing that the app is getting update so I was just wandering if the

Samsung one is up to date

• tmo_evan

Good news... the Samsung one is up to date.  In fact, when we originally launched it, it was far far ahead of the Android and iOS DIGITS app.  Most of the work in the apps are client and UI/UX experience items that aren't necessary for the integrated experience - since the app needs to work in a whole bunch of ways that the native experience doesn't.

Updates for the Samsung integrated functionality will happen in the future, but those will be rolled into OS updates for the device, right now we do have a few minor issues that will get incorporated into the next device update, but for the most part, the experience has been great.

• oscarcntrs

Hello. Tmo rsa here orginally had the multi-line settings showing up on my S7 Edge but ever since I updated my sim card, multi-line settings are no where to be seen. Are you able to shine some light? I've done all the steps recommended.

• tmo_evan

tmo_marissa

Multi-line settings is actually keyed off of your SIM card.  There fastest way to get it back is to simply go back to the registration site and pick any of the scenarios and then once the registration is processed again (about a day) you should be able to do the multiple reboots to get the settings if they don't pop up automatically.

That is the quickest way, unfortunately we didn't foresee this possibility when training the support staff... The other option is for one of the forum moderators to jump in here and get some info from you though that will also take some time as well.

Hopefully this will get all sorted by tomorrow for you and you can continue to help us improve the overall DIGITS product.

• tmo_marissa

Hey oscarcntrs!  How is everything going?  Did you decide to give tmo_evan's recommendation here a shot to re-register so that this can be processed again?  If not, as he mentioned, I'm happy to PM you and grab some information to file a bug report.  Please let me know what I can do to help!

- Marissa