tmar89

I have the $40 3GB Simple Prepaid plan. Can I add a line to this plan or have some sort of Prepaid Family Plan with 2 lines? I have 2 devices and was curious if there was an option for this instead of getting 2 $40 prepaid plans.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hi there tmar89!  Really the answer to this depends on what you need.  While we don't have a Pay-In-Advance family plan per se, we do offer a T-Mobile ONE family plan without a credit check.  The price is higher - $130 per month for two lines, with all taxes and fees included - but everything is unlimited.  So really, to make sure it's the right fit, do you know how much data the other person you were thinking about adding would need?  Are you ever in a position to want more data access than you currently have?

- Marissa

• tmar89

Thanks, Marissa. I really don't use voice as much and my data usually lies under 2GB a month so my best option then is to purchase 2 separate $40 plans.

• tmo_marissa

Totally cool - really, you should have what you need and not pay extra for something you don't.  With postpaid T-Mobile ONE we actually do something called KickBack so that you can get $10 back per line if you use 2GB or less - no word yet on whether that feature will come to the No Credit version of the family plan, but we try to involve that principle as much as possible, so who knows?  If you ever find yourself in the position to use more/need more, or are thinking about adding more lines (the price for the third, fourth and fifth lines on those family plans is significantly lower, which makes everyone's price lower if split three/four/five ways) then at least you know you can move to T-Mobile ONE!   

- Marissa