Still struggling with PC portion & my experiences thusfar

officermagenta

I understand that there is supposed to be a megathread about this coming soon but I wanted to know if I am in the minority or majority of people that can't login to the web clients on a PC even though I am currently using a duplicate sim and Digits is on my account. I am using the same number feature and have tried to register my PC a few times and got V1.1.0 of the desktop application but I keep getting the same 'Not Eligible' message. For the digits app on my primary android device and secondary devices, I have logged into the app using the text approval method and not my TMobile ID per say - I haven't tried the multiple numbers side of the beta and am not sure if I can use both at the same time - but I wouldn't think it would matter on a PC. It would seem others can get into all programs related to this beta so maybe I am just doing something wrong.

However, I'll add that Digits is certainty handy when it works for me. On my 530 (main/primary), I occasionally have to cycle my cellular radio and/or reactivate the line in the app because my friends won't be able to send me messages as if my number didn't exist; they bounce back. I also cannot use VoLTE or Wifi Calling or nothing will come through, and as highlighted in another thread, it would seem Digits has a very limited routing capability when not on cellular data.On my M8 with the DSIM, I cannot login to the MyTmobile app with my TMOID because the SIM doesn't have an set E911 address yet I don't see how I can set it online. Becuase the app wants me to create a new TMOID (even though the DSIM is attached and is shown in my account) I cannot access MYTMO on that device. I don't know if that is even fixable because it doesn't seem like the SIM can understand what is supposed to happen and wants to behave like a brand new SIM instead of a duplicate. Digits does work on the device but I can't use VoLTE or Wifi Calling on it either; I wish that could be fixed because the call quality is absolute garbage and I have resorted to using hangouts for VOIP calls.

One othe big problem I just remembered is that incoming MMS is blocked along with the occasional SMS all together but no MMS can seem to get through to either device with DIGITS active. I can send whatever I want through DIGITS or through my messaging apps but my friends can't send my anything.

Devices being used, W8.1 + FireFox (doesn't work), HTC Desire 530 (Android 6.0, Primary SIM), HTC M8 (Android 5.1, Duplicate SIM), Nexus 7 (Android 6.0, WIFI only)

All replies

• officermagenta

Quick update, I completely glossed over the ability to fix my E911 addresses through the web client for MyTMO. I will be testing VoLTE, WC, and the Digits Data settings to see if I can get MMS to work again. As of right now, I am still missing messages but will have to see how my DSIM device handles throughout the day tomorrow.

• tmo_marissa

Hi officermagenta!  This thread popped back up today as we were reviewing older posts.  I know I already passed along some answers for the login issues in our PM, but for transparency's sake in case there are any other users experiencing the same thing, I want to clarify what we heard back -

-   Right now the validation system can’t handle some special characters, such as “+”, in an email address, which is causing issues with a login when those characters are included in a TMO ID.  We’re working to fix that issue, but don’t have timing for it yet.

-   In the meantime, if you want to change your TMO ID, you can change it on my.t-mobile.com in the profile section.  However, if you do that, you'll need to also go back to the registration site for DIGITS and login and select to use 1 number on multiple devices and select something like on a PC so that your TMO ID becomes whitelisted for use.

Regarding the messaging issues - have those gotten any better?  If not, I'd still love to grab some details from you in that private message thread and get a bug report filed for you!

- Marissa