Have tmobile messed over on your 12 months consecutive payments to qualify for 0 down beware tmobile done it to me

th3beautinme

I'm very disappointed with tmobile

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hi th3beautinme.  I'm sorry to hear that we've bummed you out!  Can I ask what happened with your Smartphone Equality qualification?  We can't take a look here since we don't have the ability to review individual accounts, but if you've made twelve consecutive payments on time, then we absolutely want you to Contact Us so that we can get this updated for you! 

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Oh no!  That certainly doesn't sound correct at all!  We don't have account access in this forum, but from what you're describing it definitely sounds like you would be eligible for the program.  Just a thought - you mentioned that right now you have a credit balance (which is awesome) - have you actually passed your twelfth due date, or is the credit balance sitting there waiting for the twelfth statement to be billed?

- Marissa

• goot2522

Why yes they have!!!

Originally I NEVER had a down payment.  Even the reps saw that my previous 5 phone purchases were like that. I tried to upgrade in August and was told I needed a $500 down payment.  I was never late on a payment. I made a payment in two separate transactions once due to using a visa gift card I had once and they said they considered that a payment arrangement and they consider payment arrangements as late payments even though I was paid on time! I was told I had to wait about two months and it'll clear up but that was their excuse for having a down payment now. OK I waited and figured it be perfect for my wife's b-day present. I was then was told I had to wait till December and I'd have 12 consecutive on time payments even though Ive never been late but whatever. Fine, I figured it can be a Christmas present. December came and nope then they said January 11th; anniversary present now. Guess what January 11th came by and now they said February 11th and I guess now it's a valentine's gift. BUT the rep recommended me to pay my bill as soon as I receive it and then it will go through before February 11th. I pay it immediately as I was told. Called and was told wait a few days for it to process and you'll be good. Fast forward two weeks. Now according to their system I have 12 consecutive payments (even though I was never late to begin with ) Congrats to me! I go to order her phone and guess what?? It's still asking for a $500- $600 down payment! I called T-mobile and now they said I have to wait till my next billing cycle for it to go into effect. It's so frustrating!!! I've been with them for about 3 years now and never had issues till this. I've been on time and even paid EIP phones off early. I was told they can't override anything even though they can clearly see there is no late payments besides the time I used two separate cards which they consider a payment arrangement and to them that's late even though it was paid on the due date. Different reps different stories with different dates. What frustrates me is the inconsistency of the information I am given. My wife's phone has been slightly damaged which is why I have been trying to get her a phone. It wouldve been cheaper for me to buy her a new one under my line since I paid my phone off early than trying to do a insurance claim of repairing it. Thanks T-mobile! (Yes same sarcasm that your reps give me after they realize they keep giving me wrong information)

• tmo_marissa

Hi goot2522 and th3beautinme.  I just wanted to touch base here again and apologize for what sounds like an awful experience.  I assure you that even if you've opted to make multiple payments to satisfy a balance, as long as the last part of that payment is received prior to your regular due date (basically, as long as the account "zeroes" before the due date), then after the twelfth consecutive month without any portion of your balance being considered "past due", you should be moved over to the best possible credit standing.  I wish we were able to assist further here - but we'll need a team with account access to help with a situation like this.  In addition to Contacting Us over the phone, you're also able to reach out to our T-Force teams online through Twitter or Facebook - we can verify your account information and take a look there just like a Customer Care representative can.  Thank you again for taking the time to post here about this experience - I'm sorry that it hasn't been ideal and has taken so much effort on your part reaching out for assistance, but we appreciate the feedback and will pass it on.

- Marissa

• chrisc607

Yup. They got me too. I had an alert saying i had made 11 out of 12 payments and had 1 more to go.. So i was hyped to get a new phone. Namely a Note8. Well come time to do it, i noticed my alert said 4 out of 12 payments made on time. I was literally counting down the days based soley off of what i was told by T Mobile's alert. I didn't even know they did this until i saw the alert. I chatted with a rep and now suddenly they are saying because of me making payment arrangements that disqualified me. I am not told this when i make arrangements. And why was there an alert telling me 11 out of 12 payments? And i made my payments according to the arrangements, that should not be counted as late. What's the point of even making payment arrangements if it still counts as a late payment??

• tmo_marissa

Oh, ouch chrisc607 -- I wish I could speak to how this errant pop-up message arrived, but I can definitely see the trouble it caused and I'm so sorry.
                    The good thing about payment arrangements are that they stop the path that goes from late payment to non payment in our system -- so as long as they're made in a timely fashion, and then kept faithfully, they prevent your service from being partially or fully interrupted. But the detriment is that these payments don't count towards Smartphone Equality, and since the program is based on consecutive payments, any time a PA is made, the count resets.
                    Did you see this alert on your phone through the TMO Ap, or online on MyT-Mobile, or did it come via SMS? If the site or the app are still showing incorrect information now, then we would definitely like to make sure that this is reported.
                    I can see how a disclosure about this during the Payment Arrangement process might have made you reconsider setting one up; and we can definitely pass that on. I'm sorry again that this happened -- I know that doesn't change the situation, but I at least wanted to express that and be transparent about the benefits of Payment Arrangements can offer, and thank you for taking the time to let us know.

- Marissa