edgecomb1

I'm unable to receive group and media messages?  Help

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hi edgecomb1!  Sorry that you were left hanging here!  It sounds like your line's not receiving MMS - you're not getting photos or able to participate in group messages?  That's not cool at all!  How long has this been happening - is this a new phone/new line, or did this work previously and stop recently?

- Marissa

• edgecomb1

It's on the ********** that has upgraded to a new lg G4 last year and it will not receive group messages or photo messages?  Trouble shooting the phone and unable to resolve.  Thank you for any support you can provide.

Best regards,

***edited personal info Mike C.***

• athmanr100

I'm really curious about a fix for this problem also.  For some time now, only very sporadically can I receive group text messages.  Very frustrating, and at this point it is madding. My son and his wife are having a baby, and communication is coming out on group text.  I get the notification, but when I try to open it, I get the message "Downloading".  This goes on until the message times out.  These messages are generally just a single sentence, so they are not large files.

Someone, please let me know a fix, or let me know who at T-Mobile can fix the problem in their shop!

Thanks,

Bob

• tmo_marissa

Yikes edgecomb1 - do you remember any of the troubleshooting we attempted when you worked with Tech over the phone?  Is your LG G4 T-Mobile branded?  What kind of plan are you on, and what is the signal strength like where you live?  Since the Support Community is a user forum, we're not able to take a look at individual lines but we can recommend troubleshooting that might fix the issue without account access.  I'm also wondering if you were ever able to get picture or group messages on this G4?  Thanks!

athmanr100, that's a bummer - we don't want you missing out on big news!  Do you mind letting me know the same information I asked above - what plan you have, what phone you're using, and what your signal strength is like?  This situation seems like it could be network related, since you mentioned that the device just says "downloading" but then fails to complete - are you able to get these messages when you're connected to WiFi?  Does this seem to happen more frequently in certain areas than others?

Thanks for any additional info you're able to provide!

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hi hi athmanr100 and edgecomb1!  I wanted to stop back in here and see if either of you were still having trouble with group messaging.  If so, do you mind taking a peek at the questions above and giving us a little more detail?  We'd love to get to the bottom of this for you if we can!

- Marissa