I am posting this thread here because I don't want this to happen to any one else. This is really disgraceful that company like T mobile is doing this to customer.
Once my I phone was stolen from a restaurant and I felt bad but at same time I realized that it was because of my ignorance and it was easy to get over it. But this time T mobile took my and my wife Iphone 6 as part of free Iphone 7 Program back in September (When Iphone 7 was released) and now they are refusing to pay any money for those Iphone and on top of that they are refusing to return my devices too. So in sort they stole my device.
This is the series of event that happened,
1) Sep 15 when I and my wife switched from AT&T and Sprint to T mobile a long with other people in my family.
2) On 27 Sep we ordered two Iphone 7 as part of Iphone 6 Trade in program.
3) We paid more than 500$ to get out of contract with Sprint and AT&T to do trade in for new one (As Iphone 7 tradeIn was saving as more money).
4) I got email from T mobile on same day (27 Sep) that Offer amount for my device for $0. Puzzled with this, I called customer care and they told me there is some issue with system and don't worry about this email and you can send us both of your Iphone 6.
5) On 6 Oct I mailed both of my Iphone in perfect working condition to them.
6) On 17 Oct and 18 Oct I got two email from T mobile saying that they received both of my device (Both email had correct IMEI number for my devices). On same days I got another mail saying that $0 credit applied to your account.
7) I called T mobile to ask why this is the case and they told same thing to not worry about it and it takes 2-3 Billing cycle for billing credit to get applied.
8) I waited for 2 billing cycle and called them again. This time they said that there is some issue with backend system and we will apply credit soon. Since then I called them 4-5 time and every time they said "wait for next billing cycle"
9) I went on vacation on Jan and called them again after coming back. But this time there response was dramatically different. They said, reason you did not get any credit because none of your device turned on (Which is hard of believe because both of device was in perfect working condition, And email I got from Tmobile on 17 and 18 Oct that they received my device had right IMEI number which they would have not got without turning on device). They also said thats the reason why you got $0 credit (But I sent my device after I received estimate of $0 and after talking to customer rep).
10) Then I said, OK then give me my device and I will show you it works perfectly, to that they said we can not do that either. Then I was like, "what should I do ?", You took my both perfectly working Iphone 6, Not giving any credit for them (which I deserve) and on top of that refusing to return my device.
This is unethical from company like T mobile to do that to there customer. I am looking for any one else who went through same problem so that I can prepare for some legal action. I will also follow up on this on social media. Let me know if you need more detail.