Upset about all the warranty exchange phones I been through in less than a month

zambrsa

I been having issue with my iPhone 6 since the first warranty exchange. This is the 4th phone I receive in less than a month from T-Mobile and I'm still having the same issues I did with the last phone. The phone does not connect to wi-fi networks unless I'm directly next to modem and the location on the phone is always wrong, therefore GPS is useless.

The first phone I received was returned because the representative that put the order in for the exchange did not put the correct color of my phone so the phone had to be returned, the second phone I received did not connect to the network, it just said "No Service". The third and now fourth phone does not connect to wi-fi network and location is always wrong, it states I'm about a mile away from where I'm actually at. GPS is useless because of that same issue.

I'm so upset when I called T-Mobile technical support, their response was "well we can't do anything, you just have to take it to the Apple store" REALLY??????  I have been to the T-Mobile store to pick up a warranty exchange four times in less than a month and now I have to go to the Apple store. Why are these phones not being tested before they're sent to customers?. Why do I have to take time out of my day to try to get to the Apple store to see if hopefully they can find a solution.

This is by far the worst service I have received from Tmobile.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hi zambrsa.  I am so sorry - that is an awful number of exchanges to have to complete in any time period, let alone in the course of a month.  I can totally see why this is a let down.
        I assure you that our number one priority is for you to have a working phone - in every single way.  Since replacing the device multiple times has not fixed the issues you're having, having an Apple tech look at the phone may uncover a root problem that we are not able to see when we troubleshoot over the phone, so I am thinking that may be why our internal Apple tech representative referred you to the manufacturer directly for a diagnosis.  In this regard, Apple devices are actually uniquely positioned compared to other equipment we retail, because you have the opportunity to physically work with someone who is trained to do nothing but fix your specific phone, which is a good thing.  I agree that taking extra time to come by the Apple store (and believe me, I know that it can take time) isn't the most convenient outcome, but on the other hand, setting up a new phone over and over has to be exhausting in its own way!
        That said, this isn't something we take lightly.  Before we hit this last resort, we should be completing due diligence to walk through every possible troubleshooting flow to ensure that it's necessary.  Did we already walk you through troubleshooting, including a Master reset on your iPhone?

- Marissa