Another iMessage issue

rherteux

OK, I think I got most of my iMessage issues ironed out.  Went on iCloud.com, removed devices that I no longer owned, and set everything else to not use iMessage.  That seemed to fix most of my issues related to iMessage...now I get messages on both of my phones including people using iPhones and my text messages come through to my recipients as from my primary number...except for one case, my wife. 

This is very odd...when I text her from my alternate/Digits phone she sees it as the alternate/Digits number, not my main number.  When I text anybody else from my alternate phone it comes through as from my main number.  So I'm thinking the issue has something to do with the fact that all of our numbers (her number, my number, and my alternate/Digits number) are on the same account so for some reason Digits isn't working as expected for her for that reason.  This sounds like a bug that somebody needs to look into.

All replies

• rherteux

Re: Another iMessage issue

I should add that this is an improvement.  Previously on my duplicate line phone I couldn't text her at all.  It would keep popping up a message saying "iMessage needs to be enabled" to send the message.  I'm not sure what I did to get it working.  I turned off iCloud on the alternate phone, rebooted, turned it back on, rebooted, danced a jig, and somewhere along the line it started working.  But, apparently, only working by sending as my Digits/duplicate number.

• tmo_tim_b

Hello rherteux

I'm glad to hear most of it has been resolved. It does seem odd that it's only one line hanging on there. Out of curiosity, have you had her delete the entire existing threads with you out of her phone and start from scratch? Is that an option?

• rherteux

Really would hate to do that but I can try.  I will say that everyone else with an iPhone are not experiencing similar issues with me.

Would love to hear from anybody else that's on this beta who has a spouse (or anybody else on the same account) with an iPhone and are not experiencing this issue.

• tmo_marissa

Hey rherteux - I know we're still waiting for any other users to chime in, but I just wanted to check in with you and see if you had any updates to this issue.  Did you wind up testing with new message threads? 

- Marissa

• rherteux

No.  When I got back home I tried sending a text to her number and it came through as the correct number.  But I did see the text that she received from me with the duplicate line.  Not sure how that happened, not sure how to replicate it.  If it happens again I'll let you know.