Digits Windows/Mac OS app suggestions

rherteux

A few suggestions...

• Cache login data so you don't always have to go through all the login/register steps when you launch the app every single time.  I think you should be able to launch the app and have it go right in after the first setup/launch.  As it sounds now I have to enter my email/password every single time as well as "Register" and "Next".  This seems totally unnecessary after the first time.  The "Keep me logged in" checkbox doesn't seem to do anything to fix this.
    • Tweak resource utilization on MacOS.  This app uses a lot of battery on Mac OS and with the new Macbooks (with touchbar and smaller batteries) this has gotten to be quite critical.
    • Question:  How does the app stay updated to the latest version or how would I know when to update?

All replies

• tmo_tim_b

Re: Digits Windows/Mac OS app suggestions

Hello rherteux

We definitely appreciate the suggestions. I'll make sure your feedback gets back to our teams!

• rherteux

Thanks.  How about my last bullet point/question?

• tmo_kendra

Hey!!!

• Question:  How does the app stay updated to the latest version or how would I know when to update?

You can periodically go into the Google Playstore and find the DIGITS app to see if you have an option to update. If it says "open" this means that it is already updated. You can also set the app to automatically update.

Set up automatic updates

To set up automatic updates for all apps on your mobile device:

1. Open the Google Play Store app Play Store.
                2. Tap Menu Menu and then Settings.
                3. Tap Auto-update apps.
                4. Select an option:
                  • Auto update apps at any time: Updates apps at any time, using either Wi-Fi or mobile data.
                  • Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only: Updates only when you are connected to Wi-Fi.
            • kschucks

These are great suggestions.  Here are a few more for the desktop app:.

- After adding Google Contacts, you shouldn't need to add them again after you logout and then later sign back in

- Maintain the connection, as it constantly drops

- Messages sent in DIGITS:  would be great if they could also appear on your actual phone and v.v.

- Answering a call on the computer can take over 10secs and often time the caller will hang up because they think you're not going to answer.  Therefore, connecting the call quicker would be hugely beneficial.

• davf

Is there a place for reporting bugs (and fixes in this case). I just downloaded the latest version of Digits for MacOS and there is a bug.

Brand new first time install. Dragged app to Applications. Started, got error about /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/T-Mobile DIGITS/Settings not found. I went and the directory was created but not the Settings file. I "touched" Settings and then tried to start again and the app came up ok.

Along with this I have a suggestion. Allow for pressing enter to start a new line on the text (like the mobile version). I do a lot of lists and need carriage returns.

Thx!