Random beeps

suszan2000

RE:  Digits v. 1.0.6, iOS 10.2

I keep getting random notification alerts.  Today, with those notifications I've sometimes receive an alert that says "Your Digits app is not active.  Click here to activate."  Clicking on the alert just opens the app.  I can still send/receive texts and calls but the random notifications are disruptive.  Especially at night when trying to sleep

I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no change.  Any ideas?

All replies

• tmo_tim_b

Re: Random beeps

Hello suszan2000

I am certain I would find that disruptive as well! I am curious about a few things. Do you know if this happens only when on Wi-Fi or when the screen goes to sleep? I know you've uninstalled and re-installed the app. What device are you using? If it's an Android, have you cleared the cache and data for the app in the application manager?

• justins567

+1. I find I have started to have the same issue on my iPhone 7+ using a virtual Tmo number..   I don't have to make an changes, while siting on my desk it will randomly beep and say its not active but as soon as I open the app everything seems fine..   Its totally random too.

• tmo_tim_b

Hello suszan2000 and justins567

First, thank you justins567 for chiming in. The more examples we get the more likely we'll be able to identify this. Since your device is an iPhone, I know my original questions for suszan2000 do not apply. One question for both of you - do you have power saving mode turned on or any power saving apps?

• justins567

I do not on my iPhone.     I've attached a screenshot as well for more info as it seems to be having its little tantrum tonight

two.jpgone.jpg

• suszan2000

Hello again,

Like Justin, I'm using an iPhone 7+.  It happen while the phone is idle/sleep.  And when I'm actively using it. 

I'm typically on wifi most of the time, but it happened this evening while out and using my mobile data.

If the screen is locked, I'll get the pop up alert.  If I'm using the phone, I'll get the beep without the pop up.

Sent from my iPhone

• thephantom212

tmo_tim_b -- this one is easy to replicate.  I started experiencing the same thing this past weekend (or, at least, that's when I noticed it).

As others have indicated, an idle/locked iPhone will start emitting spurious notifications/vibrations every few minutes, with no associated notification on screen.  Killing the DIGITS app stops the behavior.  This has also persisted with the latest update of the app (from 1/24 I believe?)

I have the DIGITS app installed on multiple devices.  To demonstrate the issue, make sure that your notifications/vibration is on.  If you place a call on an installation of DIGITS on another device, the iPhone installation will signal a notification when the call is terminated (usually within a second or so).  I haven't tested it extensively, but I've noticed a few things.

- While placing a call aggravated the issue, I believe the spurious notifications may be due to the other DIGITS instances periodically re-registering.

- Use of USSD codes on the other DIGITS installations do not trigger this behavior.

• justins567

as much as i'm inclined to agree with thephantom212,  i have had the notification occur while i have the phone in my hand and i'm doing something so it would not be in a locked/idle state.

I also HAVE NOT installed or registered other devices, only my iPhone.

Updated to 1.0.7 yesterday and the issue persisted.  decided to take things a little further last night as well

removed my iPhone device from digits registration (signed out and choose to delete all data), deleted app, rebooted phone and reinstalled digits. registered it as a new device and not 30 minutes later the notification and beeps started up.

Based on other comments, personal experience and having a job in IT / Network engineering,  i'd venture to say this is a server side issue and not an application specific issue. Due to the random and unrepeatable nature that ive seen,  Something on the Digits server seems to hiccup and that results in a blip on the user's side.   just my two cents of thought

small addition,   this morning, suddenly in the setting on digit its reporting the App version is 2.  last i checked this version listing was always in line with the current version on the apple app store.   so when i undated to 1.0.7 yesterday the digits settings reported the same version #..  interesting that it now reports a version 2.

• tmo_chris

Hey folks! This is some pretty strange behavior indeed. I am going to send private messages to each of you so we can get some information complied and get these bugs squashed! I look forward to hearing from you all.

• tmo_chris

Hey everyone! I just heard from the support teams that there is a fix for this issue coming out early next week. Please be sure to check for DIGITS app updates frequently